Stayed here for 6 nights in September. On arrival one of the concierge came to greet us and take our bags from the taxi. We went to reception to check in. We had arrived early (12:30pm) and was told that we wouldn't be able to get to our room until 14:00pm as that was the check in time. We were given cold towels and a nice fruity drink. Check in was very informative and the lady was very helpful. We were told we could use any of the facilities if we wished to do so and could leave our bags with the concierge. WE decided to drink a bintandg in reception and wait a little. But after about 30 mins, the lady told us our room was ready early which was nice surprise.
We got to our room and were very happy, it was extremely clean and also looked newly refurbished. We then went to explore the surroundings.
The pool is big enough for the amount of people who where there at the time. We had no problems finding somewhere to sit at any time of the day. The sun moves around a bit so during the afternoon if you like the sun, you should sit near the spa end as the sun is here all day. Towels are also free to use from the hotel at both pools.
Food wise, we ate in the Tao which was really nice Asian style food at a reasonable price. Its nice to sit inside or out as theres a nice breeze there most of the day and evening. As for breakfast, there is a huge choice from Asian style noodles, rice and the full English or American pancakes and eggs cooked to your liking. Along with salads, fruits, cold meats and cheese, cakes and pastries. The hotel also have some theme nices, one was a bbq with Balanese Dancing. There was a large buffet of salads, vegetables, noodles, rice, desserts etc and a free drink. As for the meats you could choose your fish from a selection and also they frehsly bbq'd some meats too. All you can eat! I think it was about £10-12 per person.
The hotel gardens are nice and well maintained and there is a business centre with internet for use (although we had trouble printing). Also a pool table, table tennis and mini football table, tennis, badminton free to use and the equipment is always there when you want it.
In the rooms there is a mini bar with drinks in and you get 2 small bottles of water per day free. The mini bar is reasonably priced. However, if you wish to save some cash then as you leave the hotel, if you turn left about 5 meters or so is a small shop that sells soft drinks, beers and snacks such as crisps and nuts. A small Bintang is 10,000 and large bottles are 18,0000. I think the hotel bar do small bottles for 24,000. Also large bottles of water here are also about 3,000.
If you turn right and walk along the road for 15-20 mins there are quite a fews shops, supermarkets and some places to eat and other big hotels with restaurants. Alternatively you can get a taxi from the hotel for about 30-35,000 to the Bali Collection or a free shuttle from the hotel (pending what time you want to go). There are lots of shops, departments stores and lots of places to eat, you're spoilt for choice! Its probably to far to walk, I would say it might take about 40 minutes? But a 10 minute taxi drive if that.
The beach outside the hotel by the second pool is a nice place to spend the afternoon and get the last days sunshine, with the breeze you don't realise how hot it is. Its not really a swimming beach due to the boats, but there is a large range of water sports if thats your thing. The hotel also organise boat trips if you're interested, although we didn't have time to do this, the prices looked quite reasonable. There are other places too along the way you could try if you wanted.
Also used the spa, which was a great deal. At about £35 for both myself and the OH, we had a body scrub, massage, spa bath, facial which was about 1.5 - 2 hrs long. They also have a happy hour for massages on the bales around the pool and beach for about 100,000.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in Tanjung Benoa Bali's Southern most Nusa Dua region. White sandy beaches and water sport activities are to be found along the peninsula. 180 Rooms and villas in a Balinese style structure surrounded by lush tropical gardens. Two swimming pools Celepok with "floating Bale bengong pavilions and Tao Lagoon on the beach across the road from the hotel. Experience authentic Asian cuisine by the beach at TAO Bali and nourish the spirit and soul at Amadapa Spa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Resort Benoa Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Resort Benoa Bali Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Ramada Benoa Bali
- Ramada Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Ramada
- Ramada Resort Benoa Bali Tanjung Benoa