“good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Bali Tanjung Benoa

You added Radisson Bali Tanjung Benoa to your Saves list
Radisson Bali Tanjung Benoa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   JL Pratama 97A, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia (Formerly Ramada Resort Benoa Bali)   |
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Bandung, Indonesia
“good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

fantastic resort all of staff is very friendly especially pool attendant. water features are very nice and we can feeding fish there is inside.don't forget to take some breads in restaurant as well. but the beach are little bit noise because of it is really closed by water sport on the left and right sides

Room Tip: room facing to the swimming pool is good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
RamadaBenoa, General Manager at Radisson Bali Tanjung Benoa, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear anispratika,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I went there with my parents and my young sister. It was a very pleasant and comfortable stay. The breakfast was excellent with a good spread. Rooms by the pool were great! I just wished the wifi was better. Out of the 3 nights we were there, the wifi stopped working on day 2 and we had to repeatedly ask for help. The pool by the Tao restaurant opposite the hotel has a fantastic view of the ocean. However, the beach was very dirty and lot of boats docked around. The best experience was at the spa. Had one of the best balinese massage ever ! A must visit overall....

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Joinoi
Dear Joinoi,

Many thanks for your great comments about our rooms, spa and breakfast. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with the complimentary wi-fi. I have already followed up with our team who assured me this was a temporary issue that has now been resolved.

Berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Was our second time staying there. Unfortunately more than half of the Ramada Resort was under construction as other reviewers mentioned. Luckily we stayed in a villa, which is located in a quieter part of the hotel complex. It was basically clean with spacious rooms. At first glance the Balinese style open bath with tub and shower (very low water preassure and mostly cold) looked quite good but it was pretty run-down and needs a makeover in the near future. It's also time to buy new towels... But we really enjoyed our little private sunny garden & pool there. Breakfast could be better e.g. more variety would be great.

The location is quite good, there are plenty of restaurants nearby. (We recommend 'Sakala Bali' - an amazing luxuriously restaurant with a great atmosphere, excellent food and service. Fine dining at it's best!) The beach is only suitable for water sports but they offer a free shuttle service to Kuta or Geger Beach.

The staff was accommodating, helpful and friendly - therefore I think I'm being generous with a 4-star rating... ;-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WaveriderBerlin
Dear WaveriderBerlin,

Thank you very much for your positive review about our resort, location and staff. Also thank you for your patience while we were working on improving our property.

We are constantly changing our breakfast menus to ensure a good variety, and I am sorry to hear that you did not feel it while you were with us. I do however appreciate your comment as it will allow us to improve! :)

Abbotsford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Well to start with I am a travel agent. I decided to go to this hotel after our supplier gave a raving review of this hotel and the fact that it is suppose to be a 4 star hotel.

I stay in all star rated hotels. Now this hotel in the future may make it to a 4 star if they do better at cleaning and finish with the complete overhaul of this hotel.

When I booked this hotel it was before I was told of renovations. Now I have been to hotels where there have been renovations going on and it never has bothered me but this was not renovations it was a total gutting of the rooms. You had dust from sanding, paint fumes, tar and pest fumigation smoke.

The lounge you didn't want to sit on the chairs as they had not been cleaned for awhile.

Our room was full of ants and other flying insects. They came and sprayed once because it was so bad. I have never had so many bug bits it is a good thing I brought number 30 deet with me. I even had to pick up a dead cockroach and my husband saw another one go down the drain.
I never saw them moping with any type of bleach or some other type of disinfectant cleaner like they do in other humid countries.

The towels where grey and old and so was the bedding. I am hoping that it will be replaced when the upgrade is finished.

The reno's meant there was no tennis court, no SPA, no exercise room and the pools by the end of our 12 day stay where starting to turn green. It seems that they don't very good pool maintanance going on.

Beach this hotel does not have a beach that you can swim in. I did see some little kids with their parents go down to the roped off swimming area. While I sat there I saw jet boaters go through this area. This beach has boats tied up as well as is used for jet boaters, ferrying people and other water sports. If you just want to tan and read a book there is loungers that you can use. I advise you to watch using the lounges around the pool because the ants find their way up onto them and they can bite. We tried eating at the restaurant outside at the Taos which is a great restaurant with great food but my husband was attacked by ants so we went inside.

Now for the positives of this hotel the staff is fabulous. They try their best to help out. The hotel pool staff are great and always greet you and are ready to get you a clean towel with a smile or a drink.

The WIFI worked well and there is a business center in the lobby.

The location is great as their is some great restaurants in the area as well as places to get messages.

The hotel offers a shuttle to Greger beach which is a great beach to swim and relax on but it is a shuttle service and you have to book it the day before and be ready to go by 9:30 am. You have to pay to have a lounge chair, although the cost is not that much it does add up over time and you don't have your hotel close to get something if you forgot it. I don't like carry cash on me when I go to the beach but if you want to eat and have a lounge chair you need to take cash with you.
The beach food and drink at the beach was good and if you want a massage you can get one for a very cheap price.

There is another beach you can go to but I did not see any lounge chairs around. You can take the free Bali Collection bus that come every hour. Bali Collection is an outdoor mall that offers a variety of everything. Once you get to the Collection just go towards the beach and you can lay your towel down and swim in a very calm little bay.

As for recommending this hotel to my clients at the moment I won't. I will be suggesting Bali Tropical, Mirage, Melia, Aston or Novatel. They are four stars with beaches and are not going through reno's. The Melia and Tropical are both All-Inclusives. I got reviews from the Tropical from people that stayed their. They said that their food, service, beach, and room where great and they loved their gardens. They had no bugs!!!

I want to also recommend some restaurants that are worth a visit.
1. Meads an Aussi restaurant with excellent food and moderate pricing.
2. Taos an Aisian restaurant located across the street from Ramada and part of the hotel so you can charge to your room. Pricing a little more expensive.
3. Neyan a Balinese restaurant just down the street on the right side just down and across from Novatel Hotel. The best for last and great prices with entertainment. A great atmosphere loved this restaurant.
4. Breakfast at the hotel was great and it comes with your room. The only problem is if there are large groups of people smoking you may have to deal with the smoke. I had to hope their was no large smoking group as I am allergic to cigarette smoke.

The tours that I was on where exceptional and my husband and I got a lot out of them. We both fell in love with the people and the island of Bali.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank 26ocean5
RamadaBenoa, General Manager at Radisson Bali Tanjung Benoa, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear 26ocean5,

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you experienced while staying with us. Our renovations are coming to an end on May 1st, therefore we will finally be able to return to what we do best, which is hospitality.

There is unfortunately nothing that we can do about the beach and boats using it. Tanjung Benoa is the government-designated area for water sports in Bali, which is great for some, not as much for others. We do try to create a more serene ambiance by our main pool for those looking to relax during their holiday.

It is my hope that you will give us a second chance to impress you once all of our renovations are complete. Please send us an email at dos@ramadaresortbenoa.com should you decide to visit again and we will make sure to really show you what our property is really about.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I booked a garden view and when i first entered the room it looked worse than a 3 star hotel. There was construction going on until 11PM at night. The next morning we talked to the manager and was moved to a private 2 bedroom villa which was also old but so much better than what we had. They also offered us a free spa. The brekfast buffet was not good. The pool is still a construction site so you have to cross the street and go to Tao. Tao pool is average. I think better to book this hotel when it is completely renevoted. They have many tour groups from China so it feels more like those budget hotels not a ramada standard. Mosquitos are everywhere...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Burcu A
RamadaBenoa, General Manager at Radisson Bali Tanjung Benoa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Burcu A,

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you experienced while staying with us. I am however pleased to let you know that our renovations are coming to an end on May 1st, we have recently added a great new Chef to our F&B team and our pool has now been open for 3 weeks.

Salem, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Good place. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. More than half of the resort was under construction. They are building a new resort just near this property.Food is not so great. Stay is comfortable. They have a restuarant outside hotel as well - Tao.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank yatinbshah
RamadaBenoa, General Manager at Radisson Bali Tanjung Benoa, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear yatinbshah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our resort. We are happy to say that renovations will be completed on May 1st, offering a much improved experience for our guests.

We have also recently added a talented local Chef to our F&B team, and he has a lot of great things in store for our restaurants and in-room dining. He would also happily accommodate any special requests during your next stay with us.

Until your next visit we hope.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here during our honeymoon this january,2013. The hospitality was good. Rooms are neat and well kept. The decor of lobby is also nice. The only downer was that the gym, recreational area and the pool all were under construction. To make up for that we had to use the Pool opposite to the Hotel ( which is just across the road, and known to be part of the Ramada itself called "Tao Restaurant" ) . The breakfast was the best part ! The chef actually asked us our taste and cooked some special stuff for us which was a very nice gesture. The location of the property is great considering that beach and sports activities are at walking distances. Overall nice experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Paragtaneja,

Your great comments about our resort, breakfast and location are truly appreciated, as was your patience while we were improving our facilities. We hope to see you again soon so that we can show you how great it all looks once it is completed on May 1st!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
Grand Mirage Resort
Grand Mirage Resort
#5 of 24 in Tanjung Benoa
4.0 of 5 stars 2,072 reviews

Been to Radisson Bali Tanjung Benoa? Share your experiences!