“Magical honeymoon, perfect wedding, we'll be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort

You added Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort to your Saves list
Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Pratama No 68x, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia (Formerly Aston Bali Beach Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Prague, Czech Republic
“Magical honeymoon, perfect wedding, we'll be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

In July I had a perfect wedding in this hotel. We stayed here 8 nights. The third day we had married. We had one of the best rooms, the hotel offers (Honeymoon Suite) with a huge terrace and Jacuzzi, offering absolute privacy and views of the whole area and the ocean. Coordination of the wedding was very professional. Coordinators were very nice and accommodate our every wish. Even at our request the day before the wedding, allowing us to modify the location and time of marriage according to our ideas. (shift from 4p.m. to 11 pm) And we think that changes to organize the wedding in 2 hours is a true professional. Photographers of Weddings (ADE's team) were absolutely perfect, Thank you very much for perfect photos and the album!The wedding exceeded our highest expectations. It was beautiful. The package that we have ordered several vouchers for food, drinks and a romantic dinners on the beach. Eating the best quality and taste. In Italian restaurants have better food than in a restaurant in Italy. Friendly staff and everyone is smiling at you and fulfill your every wish. At first we wanted to really appreciate the staff and wedding coordinator. I really thank you for the excellent and exceptional wedding memories on which we will remember for life. Ondrej and Vanesa

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
AstonBaliGM, General Manager at Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
Dear Ondrej and Vanesa

Thank you for your kind words. I remember your wedding and how you both looked so happy. It is a long way from Prague but we are glad you found us! Warmest wishes for your long and happy life together.

Regards
Robert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Nice resort, everyone was friendly and welcoming. Our room was a deluxe room and we had a view of the ocean., the room was cleaned and serviced well each day and if we needed extra towels or and Iron, the staff were always prompt in providing these
The food and drinks were nice, however they were overpriced and it was cheaper to go a restaurant across or down the road. Breakfast was always nice.
We really enjoyed out time and the Aston and Rai who works there was lovely and always said hello to us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear JoJo0182

Rai sends his best regards to you and thanks you for mentioning his friendly service! We are happy you choose to stay with us on the cape and appreciate the many kind words in your review. Hope to see you again in Bali.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Staff friendly and helpful, room large and airy, bigest bed and shower head I've ever seen. Breakfast excellent good value for money,good facilities, magic pool.

Room Tip: room 330 gets breeze all the time , air seldom used
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear spider86

Thank you for your lovely review. Glad you liked the room and enjoyed the fresh sea breeze. This time of year we get a lovely breeze that makes for a fantastic morning walk to the local village also.. hope you had time to enjoy this free guided tour and see how the locals live.

See you next time in Bali

Regards

Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have just arrived home from the Aston. I experienced highs and lows while staying here. I have a gluten allergy and before coming, confirmed with the hotel that they could cater for me. We have 2 children so paid for the onyx package so we didn't have to leave the resort. First meal I have, I explained my allergy to the resturant staff. That night I had a severe reaction as they served me gluten in my meal. I was in so much pain and up all night. ( I have a 6 month baby so this made it even harder) the next day they served me gluten again at lunch, they put bread crumbs on chicken! ( off a gluten free menu too) this then happened at dinner when I ordered room service! I was so upset that I asked to speak to the manager. The next morning at breakfast, I was sick AGAIN! Seriously, if someone had a peanut allergy would you give them peanuts? They apologized for this, but no compensation offered. This ruined my stay and if I did not constantly check the meals I would have been in hospital!!! The manager said they didn't get the email, but I told them on the day of arrival also!!!! We paid a lot if money to stay here on the all inclusive and would expect them to get the meals right!
Positives: lovely location, quiet, clean beach and beautiful pool. Staff are very friendly and wanting to help.
Negatives: bathroom needs work done. Shower had blockage and bath plug leaks water out. The couches are very uncomfortable in the ocean suite...had to use the bedroom pillows against our back. The ocean view suite, had a view of tree tops. We were unlucky to be given this room as the Ones next to it had a much clearer ocean view. Since we paid more money for this suite, and spent a lot of the time in this room having 2 young children, we were disappointed.
Overall it is a lovely hotel. My 4 year old and husband loved it..... I would recommend it but not if you have a food allergy!
Tip: Make sure you visit the day spa, the staff are wonderful.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear KWal_84

Thank you for your time to write about your experience here at the Aston Bali. You have said so many nice things about the resort and your stay, but of course it is understandable your disappointment about your special dietary needs. We have had 3 other guests who required gluten free meals in the last couple of months and have been able to keep their stomachs happy and satisfied. I am truly sorry that we did not get this perfect for you. You enjoyed the hotel very much other wise so I hope we can do better for you in the future. Let me know if you are coming back so we can discuss more about what food you need.

regards from Bali

The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

The resort is nicely situated in Tanjun Benoa, lots of restaurants close by, nice rooms and friendly hospitality, food not so good, but with all the nice restaurants nearby, who cares. Lovely beach right on your doorstep. all in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear ball-1234

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our private beach and lovely pool are indeed popular as is the local village feel surrounding us. I hope we can be of service to you again soon.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel has got all it has... a private beach...mins drive from the havoc beach at tg benoa... restaurants offer one of the best along tg benoa.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Skywalker008

Great to hear you loved your stay with us here on the cape. We were happy to be of service and hope to see you again soon!

on the move
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Dear new reader,

my experience with trip advisor over the past 2 years as i've been travelling round the world has been varied. Essentially, its good for basics, but please interpret reviews - even mine. You don't know if you go for yourself. I'm starting off with this caveat because i've just had a quick look at some of the other reviews online, some negative. Its my view (and also my tertiary education in services marketing at UNE) that bad experiences provoke a bigger reaction than someone that enjoyed there time; its referred as the jaded affect. That why you can youtube 911 calls about a women trying to get police to come to McDonald's in Ohio because they got her order wrong. Seriously - go look it up.

Basically these people you can never satisfy, particularly the arrogant ones that i've been reading here. MY experience though was delightful - and here's the catch....i didn't stay there.

My mother had her 50th birthday at the aston. I am her son living in london and got in touch with the aston reception to arrange flowers to give to her on the morning with a card to say happy birthday. There was a little lost in translation through the emails, but that fine. I could tell they GENUINELY wanted to help me out. This was back up when I spoke to my mother about her time there - unforgettable is the word she used.

You may be thinking why am I writing this? I just wanted to give the Aston a shout out for doing such a great job with arranging my flowers AND with organising her birthday. Unlike a lot of people staying at 5 Star hotels, my family don't sit in the upper class and don't do this often....if at all. So it was very nice.

Thanks guys for doing a bang up job! And my mum will be on here positing her response soon. I'll remind her though....she is 50 now after all!!!

Cheers,

Murray.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Murray

wow, what a great review and story! Your mother had a great time here and what better place to enjoy a birthday. Would have been perfect if you and the whole family could be here to smother her with love. Lucky she got that message from the flowers you organised! Well done. I am happy that we could be of service and hope to spoil you on your birthday some day in Bali!

Robert

Been to Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort? Share your experiences!