“Great place great people” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotel International

You added Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotel International to your Saves list
Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotel International
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jalan Pratama | P.O. Box 52, Tanjung Benoa, Bali 80363, Indonesia (Formerly Melia Benoa)   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shenyang, China
“Great place great people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Close to airport, about 30 min, 5 min to Collection mall, great beach, good food if you take the all-inclusive, we took the blue and was ok, nevertheless if you want something from silver or gold it is available with extra charge which is reasonable. Staff was always very friendly and helpful. Breakfast has a good variety of fresh fruits, cooked food and pastries as much as the well-known eggs corner which we used every day at least 3 orders if not 5.
We went there in Chinese New Year jan-feb 2014, we are 5 in the family, 3 young boys 9, 7 and 4. We booked the family suite. When we arrived very late 2 am we were quickly moved to our room, next morning we realized that the room which we were said it had been upgraded to a honey-moon suite for us was rather tired, no shower, so I talked to the reception people. They immediately offered to change our room and few hours later we were in the new one, same size better maintained. The room was perfectly cleaned every day, no complains.
We alternated between all inclusive and B&B one in and one out in order to have some relaxed time for parents and play time for kids in the beach pool and surroundings to recharge battery and next day a bit of Bali, Ubud, Kuta, etc.
The only unpleasant situation is when several times we saw small kids and other not that small (close to 12yo) from a country I don’t want to mention, are still pissing in the corridors instead of the toilet which is 5 meters close to the place and nobody from the hotel is doing anything. Special mention to the lady that from the bar pool area shouted on the kid and he did not even understand what was happening. I hope they can soon manage to persuade parents of these families that outside their country this situation is really disgusting if not more.
Thanks to Adrian, Francisco and Javier for their advises and nice Spanish talk!
If you have young kids don’t miss the Bali water park in Kuta, Waterbom, there is no mistake inside!

Room Tip: check that your room has shower if you think you need it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is my fourth time visiting Bali and I am a huge fan of the people, culture, food and country itself. I have previously traveled here with firstly girlfriends, then family, then girlfriends again and finally this time with my boyfriend.

We started off by staying up North and then headed down South to Melia for some beach/pool time. In saying that my partner and I are great travelers and love experiencing different cultures and thus only booked a Suite at the Melia as a base so we could do day trips and get out and about.

Our room was very well appointed and each day made up beautifully. The grounds and especially the pool area were lovely and the beach is equally pleasant. We enjoyed our breakfast every morning and the variety of fruits, cooked foods, pastries and other bits and pieces.

When checking in we were thoroughly encouraged (in a rather tactless way) to spend an extra $55 per person a day on an all inclusive package. We declined as considering the very minimal amount of time we spent in the hotel an extra $770 over the 7 nights would not be worth it for us. In saying this we spent less than $100 in the hotel over our 7 days by the end as we were hardly there except to sleep!

We did unfortunately have one incident which soured our stay significantly.
We decided one night to have a cocktail at the bar in the lobby and ordered the only wine available by the glass and also pointed to it to the waitress. She told us to take a seat and we were eventually brought over our glasses of wine which we promptly drank. The price next to the only available glasses of wine for sale was 5.75US$ (from memory) and when we went to pay our bill it was around or over 220,000IDR which we realised was wrong. When questioning the waitress said that we had in fact been given a better one and not the 5.75 which we had asked for. We explained to her that we had neither ordered that nor wanted that. She then told us we wouldn't want the other one because it wasn't very nice and that we shouldn't be looking at the prices as they were only for people on 'All-Inclusive Packages'....well surely that is a redundant point because if it is an all inclusive package the price is not an issue. So on and on we debated until she finally decided to offer us a 10% discount. FOR HER ERROR?! Go figure. In Australia, if an error is made on the part of the staff, they wear it, not the wronged customer. We explained again that that wasn't good enough as it was her mistake and she then offered 15% off...it went on and on until we finally managed to simply be charged for what we had wanted in the first place. Can you believe the drama we went through.
It was a staff error as it is not even for sale on the menu and she was trying to cover her mistake. One word; DISHONEST. To top it all off she did not once offer an apology for her error and acted as though it was our mistake. And please don't think we are a stingy couple, we're not, we happily fly business class where ever we go but dishonesty and bad service seriously irks me.

After this experience we decided to go to the reception to get a print out of our charges to date and when we asked for it the man at reception (who wore no name tag so I cannot identify him) asked us in a rude and pointed manner why we didn't just purchase an all inclusive package. Charming customer service...not.

Well aside from that I did really enjoy the suite (despite needing some re-grouting etc). The pool - as lovely as it was - was filled with rather whale-like buffet-inhaling Bogans from Australia which was slightly off putting. The early mornings I took a dip in the pool before heading out I saw the Bogans en mass lying on blow up devices, drinking, fagging on and swearing profusely so I was glad to be getting out of the hotel to experience some of the culture on offer.

I have previously stayed at the Nikko and Nusa Dua Beach Hotel, both which are in Nusa Dua and to be honest I will be going back to one of them and after telling my friends and extended family about my stay, so will they. Not only are the staff dishonest and unable to provide an apology when an error is made but the caliber of clientele the hotel attracts is very much lowest common denominator.

Do yourself a favour and go down the street to the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel for a bit of class and honesty, I know we will be!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Currently staying here on my honeymoon with my husband! Whilst I may write several other reviews I am hopeful they will all be as positive as this one! Bearing in mind I owned my own hotel in the Caribbean so am the 1st to be critical of any establishment!

Well we arrived three days ago! Arduous flight from London but none the less like many others the pain is worth it if the hotel you booked lives up to expectation. We have not been dissapointed in fact I will find it more painful than the flight to criticise this hotel!!! As many others I read trip advisor and all the reviews probably guilty of focussing on the negatives' that said I could not have been more wrong, why well!

On arrival we were greeted by the most loveliest and professional of FOH team, flower garlands and a much appreciated fruit cocktail! Checked in luggage taken to the suite, full explanation of what our entitlements were as part of the gold package. Very informative and helpful.

We have been here three days now and whilst most of the reviews centre around being hassled to upgrade Tom silver/blue to gold and it not being worth it? Well probably I suspect in some cases this may be well founded! It all depends on individual taste I guess. Personally as this was my honeymoon with my husband I wanted nothing but the best! Could I have had this with silver/blue well yes to an extent but as I noticed today probably not in fairness, again this individual taste and I am not easily pleased! Nothing here is too much trouble regardless of package, I mean the staff are all friendly, welcoming and polite with any request, simply it is a joy.

We have been in so many hotels and accommodation around the world due to my husband being a flight attendant, so I am confident to date I can be very honest and objective, I have never been so well looked after, spoiled and in awe of a hotel such as this! To date in all my travels and experience of owning my own (whilst smaller hotel) in the Caribbean! I certainly could learn a thing or two...

Adrian, your entire team here is to another wonderful 10 days to follow this review! Thank you for making our honeymoon so special and enjoyable! I have never relaxed or chilled so much in my 41yrs of memory. That is no easy accomplishment I can tell you.

Thank you Melia Benoa! I will post another review on completion of our honeymoon, in short blue/silver or gold this place is fantastic! Well done Adrian!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotel International, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Lord Gary W.,

Greetings from Your House on the Beach,

It was lovely meeting you upon arrival and we really appreciate your time to write such a detailed and wonderful review about your stay at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali.

I am really delighted by your kind words. It is wonderful that you chose Sol Beach House Benoa and enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It is great to see that the service provided by the team throughout the hotel was not only professional and accommodating but also able to anticipate your needs. Hopefully, we all really look forward meeting you again.

We remain at your disposal for anything you may need in future, here you will always have your house on the beach in Bali.

Warmest regards from the Island of the Gods,

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We will definitely be back. My friend has been 16 times so we knew it would be good. Everything you need is at the Hotel with some fantastic evening entertainment. We celebrated our Anniversary with a romantic candlelight dinner on the beach Well worth paying the extra for it, superb food and Augustina was the best hostess possible. A night we will remember forever.
A perfect place for a long weekend relaxing stay or longer if you have the time, we hope to do both !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotel International, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Mr. Jim l,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort

Many thanks for sharing your recent experience with everybody in Trip Advisor and for choosing our lovely resort as a place to accommodate your holiday.

What a pleasure to have a moment to welcoming you in our lovely Resort and it’s really nice to know that you feel satisfied with our products, services and facilities. Thank you as well for your willingness to take part in reviewing our property and it is always a great pleasure to hear a positive review from our valuable guest such as yours since your comments are great assistance to continue our effort to improve the service quality and making your holiday memorable is become our main purpose. Thank you for the special mention of our staff “Agustina”, I will definitely share your comment with her and I’m sure she will be very proud for doing a good work.

At last, I would certainly look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards from the Island of Gods,

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We found an all inclusive offer when seeking accommodation in Bali - the Melia Benoa Resort at Nusa Dua turned out to be all we expected and more. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, from beginning to end. We opted for the Blue All inclusive deal - and it was all we could possibly need or require. The meals were amazing- we made use of buffet meals, as we enjoyed the wide range of options available and the included beverages more than covered all our requirements.
Most nights the staff set up dining tables and chairs on the beach or the garden - which was a very romantic way to dine. The irritation from tropical bugs is quite minimal- as the resort has an effective pest-control programme. Each evening, the resort provides some form of entertainment - cultural or musical inn nature- most enjoyable. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
We had a garden-facing guest room which was very spacious an well-equipped, with a lovely balcony, effective aircon and an extremely comfortable bed. Our room and bathroom was immaculate and clean.
Whilst day trips may be arranged from the resort, we made use of a taxi driver who was recommended by other travellers on Tripadvisor, Dewa Antara - his email address is: dwketut_antara@yahoo.com. We found him to be utterly reliable, accommodating and honest. He personalised a day-trip for us, based on our interests. He charged Rupiah 150,000 from the airport to the hotel. For an 8 hour day trip, he charged Rupiah 600,000. He instructed us on the accepted bargaining method- start below half the asking price.
There is a small supermarket across the road from the resort - for basics, including sunscreen.
Right beside the resort, to the left of the main entrance, s a small collection of market stalls. Inside the resort there are also gift shops, which have pretty fair prices, but still bargain.
When you walk out of the resort toward the beach, if you turn right- there is a very pleasant walk along the promenade, past other hotels and resorts. When you reach a walkway called 'Ocean Walk" - you can take it, turn left, and find yourself in the Bali Collection - markets and restaurants and shops of all descriptions. Seek out the top 10 things to do in Bali - to suit your taste - but include a visit to the cultural centre- Ubud- it is worth seeing. We also enjoyed trips to coffee plantation, rice padi, Hindu Temple and the more populace, Kuta.
It was only later in our stay, that we realised that you could walk from the airport to Kuta!
There is an arrival and departure tax at the airport, which we paid in US dollars- US$25 to enter and US$20 to leave. There are very heavy security checks at the airport.

Room Tip: Choose a pool or garden facing room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotel International, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Mrs. Belinda R,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

What a nice feeling to know that you have a pleasant stay with us and nothing more satisfying to know that we are able to exceed your expectation.

In this special occasion I would like to thank you for valuable time in reviewing our lovely resort. I have shared your nice feedback to all the staffs and they are very happy because they have done a great job. Making you feel like at home and happy in the same time is become our main reason to be here since you are our very precious guest.

In the end, I would like to personally thank you for choosing our Resort as a place to accommodate your holiday and I’m very looking forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

Kindest regards from Bali

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

A beautiful resort. Good service (though not as great as the villas we stayed in at Seminyak), wonderful array of food choices and great rooms.

We booked the gold all inclusive packages for 3 couples but when we arrived, they did not have 3 suites next to each other. They offered us the family room (accommodated 4 adults very comfortably) and a suite instead which worked out really well. The family suite was on 2 levels and the abundant space meant our entire group of 7 could socialise in the living area without any discomfort. The mini bars were well stocked and the complimentary laundry service was a welcome bonus.Really enjoyed the music group and they were happy for us to play and sing for them as well!!

The spa was a real treat and ayu was happy to come in on her day off to provide additional services.

The only negative was the condition of the lounger cushions; some were old and torn and so retained a lot of water.

Will definitely consider returning to this delightful resort.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotel International, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Mr/s. Wandereringon,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our Resort and for your willingness to take part in reviewing our property.

What a nice feeling to know that our guest feel satisfied with the room and services provided, and in this occasion I would like to apologize since we are unable to cater your needs regarding the suites that you requested before, since on that period we are almost fully booked. However, I’m very glad to know that you feel satisfied with our family suite as replacement.

Concerning the lounger cushions, we are still on process to replace this thing with the new one and this year we are also doing rebranding. Therefore, besides changing the concept, we will replace so many things based on our new concept as well.

Once again, many thanks for your comments and I’m looking forward to welcoming you personally on your next visit.

Warmest regards from Bali,

Vilamoura, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We loved this hotel. Stayed for a week and cannot fault anything. Location is great, right on the beach, tropical enviroment and suitable decor. Breakfast had a good variety of choice, loads of exotic fruit, omelet and pancake station much better than most 5* city hotels I've stayed in.

Rooms are spacious and very clean as are the public areas - nice balcony overlooking pool and tropical gardens.

Really felt like our 'home on the beach' - highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing holiday.

We would like to thank Adriano Garcia (GM) and his team for a great holiday.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotel International, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Mr. OMarti,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

It was a great pleasure for me to have a personal conversation with you and to see your feedback showing that we are able to exceed your expectation.

I’m so glad that my team work were able to make your holiday memorable and make you feel like at home is the important thing for us. Besides that, we always try to provide something indigenous so that our guest can experience the real Bali.

In the end, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation for your valuable time by writing nice comments and for choosing our resort as well. I’m so looking forward to have further conversation with you on your next visit.

Kindest regards from Bali,

Sol Beach House Benoa- Melia Hotels International

Been to Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotel International? Share your experiences!