HOTEL - WHAT WE LIKED
Proximity to the beach (right outside the hotel)
All Inclusive package - good if you enjoy drinks by the bar (in the swimming pool).
Supper on the beach - Every second day the hotel serves a bouffet dinner on the beach with tables in the sand. I was really happy to dine this way, but if you want more than that, for $30/person you might also arrange in the reception desk to prepare such dinner especially for you with candles leading to your table. Very romantic :p. A bit of sarcasm, but I truly enjoyed it :)
Tip* Massage price - Instead of having a massage in the hotel (starting from $15/pax/1hr), go outside of the hotel, 20 meters left where you will find a better package i.e. full body massage for $5/1hr
Market - Next to the hotel you will find a small market with all you would need to but from Bali (i.e. magnets, really cheap clothes i.e. skirts for $5-$8, indonesian wooden-carved souvenirs, and of course, all branded watches ($5-$10): Breitlings, Patek, Rolex (got one for myself but it didn't make it through waterproof quality check on a 3rd day :D:D:D).
HOTEL - AREAS OF DEVELOPMENT
Service - basically good, but the staff could have been more keen to assist you. Usually they are surprised with the tips as it's not common on Bali
Complimentary mineral water - Maybe it's not the hotel, but the taste of the local water springs, but I couldn't drink :) (I was going to the shop on the opposite side of the road to buy 2-3 mineral waters)
Take a walk along the beach to the right when leaving the hotel, on your way you will find the following...
1. Temple on an island/peninsula (depending on the tides)
2. Visit other hotel by Benoa located approx. 10 mins. walk (with squirrels running over the tables). Just don't try pointing fingers at them... I should have known that earlier :)
3. Water Blows where sea waves cumulate in one point and flush over tourist deck (real fun, I suggest to check it out on youtube)
The best option is to hire local driver from one of the travel agencies along the road where the hotel is (turning right when going to the road side). We paid $45 for a whole day of driving (12 hours) to the places of our choice (i.e. Ubud, Monkey Forest, Temples, Birds+Reptile Parks, Rice Fields, Volcano). Generally, I would suggest not to take any organised trips from the hotels or agencies recommended by your tour operators, only through the local agencies - 1/2 price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL INCLUSIVEPremium All Inclusive BlueThe All inclusive Blue package includes accommodation in Premium Room, all meals plan with buffet or a la carte choice, snacks, unlimited alcoholic local beverages, soft drinks, daily activities, unlimited non-motorized sports, nightly entertainment and more.We recommend you this package if you want to enjoy holidays worry-free, and search for an experience with great value and convenience in the Balinese paradise.Premium All Inclusive SilverThe All inclusive Silver package includes accommodation in Premium Room with view over the lush Tropical Garden or Pool, all meals plan with buffet or a la carte choice, snacks, unlimited alcoholic local beverages, soft drinks, daily activities, unlimited non-motorized sports, nightly entertainment, Free WiFi in the room, 1 time daily minibar refill, laundry with restrictions, discount on imported alcoholic beverages and more.Choose this package if you want to add some more value to your holidays at small extra cost. Enjoy the spectacular views from your balcony and the recently renovated new rooms with all the luxury, comfort and Melia amenities.Executive Jr. Suite All Inclusive GoldThe All inclusive Gold package includes accommodation in Executive Suite, all meals plan with buffet and wider a la carte choice, snacks, unlimited alcoholic local beverages, soft drinks, daily activities, unlimited non-motorized sports, nightly entertainment, Free WiFi in the room, minibar, Room service, laundry with restrictions, 1 hour Spa massage for 2 adults, discount on imported alcoholic beverages and more.Experience a higher level of service in our Executive Suite with the ultimate luxurious accommodation, designed for couples, honeymooners or guests looking for a Romantic getaway, who appreciate the importance of attention to details combined with the highest personalised service and VIP treatment. If you want to be pampered this is your best option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Melia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotel International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Benoa Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Melia Hotel Benoa
- Melia Hotel Tanjungbenoa
- Melia Benoa Bali
- Sol Beach House Benoa Bali By Melia Hotel International Tanjung Benoa