“Great day out!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports is Bali's newest and most exclusive water sports centre. Located on the white sandy beach in the south of Bali, our mission is to provide outstanding five-star scuba diving and water sports facilities, services and equipment to our guests within a safe and eco-friendly environment. We offer both motorised and non-motorised water sports. We are an authorized PADI 5 Star Dive Centre. All of our tours, activities and courses are strictly private, we do not mix groups. Come join us for a fantastic day of water sports activities!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage
Melbourne, Australia
“Great day out!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Jet Set Marine while staying in Bali last week. I organised with Rhonda prior to leaving Aus about being picked up and which activities we were interested in. We were picked up on time and our drivers were lovely and chatted to us about what we were wanting to do. Once we arrived, all of the staff are super friendly and were really helpful when we were choosing our activities, as I can be super indecisive! We decided on the Flying Fish, Stand Up Paddle and Snorkelling. The Flying Fish was heaps of fun! Both my boyfriend and I loved it! Next was SUP, it was a bit tricky to start with as we were both beginners, but it is worth persisting, great fun once you pick it up! The staff were amazing and bringing us towels and water every time we felt like we needed a break. Next was snorkelling, the boat ride out was fun and our guide was helpful about the best spots and taking pictures on our camera. There was not too much traffic about, although there was only the one type of fish so it might be worthwhile taking one of the day trips instead. Overall we both had heaps of fun and a great day! We brought our own camera to use and the staff offered to take pictures for us and we got some great shots! :) Although Jet Set is slightly more expensive than other companies, the professionalism, new and clean equipment and priority for safety is most definitely worth the extra money. Looking forward to returning, thank you Rhonda and Jet Set Marine :-)

Visited March 2014
JSMBali, Owner at Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Jessica C,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a wonderful Trip Advisor review for us. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your day with us and that we were able to contribute to making your stay here in Bali extra special!

We will translate your review for our entire team to read as we feel that it is important that they know what our guests are saying about us. They will also be delighted as when good reviews come in on Trip Advisor they all receive a small bonus.

We are also pleased that you were happy with our facilities and equipment. We do acknowledge that our prices are slightly higher than our cheaper competitors, but we are quite different in that all of our activities, tours and courses are strictly private. We do not mix you on the activities or in the boat with other guests to keep the costs down and the published activity times are what we deliver as minimums. This provides for a slightly more expensive day, but also for a much more exclusive, relaxed, high quality and safe water sports experience. In addition, the majority of our equipment is imported from the USA and cannot be found anywhere else on the island, extremely high import duties in Indonesia make our gear more expensive but we feel that high quality equipment which is much safer and of a better standard is an absolute priority for our guests.

We’re not quite sure why the majority of the fish on the day you snorkeled in Nusa Dua were Angel Fish. They are lovely fish but normally there is a mix of reef fish in the area. It may have been due to currents or water temperature on the day.

Thank you again for your kind review and we hope to see you back in Bali again very soon!

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“The problem with this place was me ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My fiance and I spent a day at Bali Jet Set while staying in Nusa Dua for a week. They picked us up exactly on schedule and chatted with us as we headed out to the location.

Was not at all crowded - we really felt like we had the place to ourselves, though there were others scheduled to dive that morning. We chose to purchase the following activities:

- Flying fish. Wow, just such a great time!! I loved the view and flying up behind a motor boat was exhilarating. I could have done this all day.

- Wake boarding. Here is where the day went off the rails for me. My fiance was able to get up a few times and had a great time. I immediately sprained my wrist because, contrary to their sound advice/training, I did not let go after falling down so was essentially dragged behind a moving boat for a few seconds. Since I couldn't try again, they drove us around on the motor boat for a while. As soon as I got back to the beach, Rhonda gave me ice and wrapped my arm.

- Snorkeling. So now my arm is hurting but we push on! And I of course get motion sickness on the trip out to snorkel. They brought us to a fun area with lots of fish. The guy taking underwater photos was super funny. But I was nauseous so we headed back.

When we got back to the beach, Rhonda and the staff brought me soda to calm my stomach and let me nap on the beach. Then I felt better, we ate some lunch while chatting with Rhonda about her business and how she came to open the facility. She re-wrapped my arm and sent me on my way.

Great staff, fun activities, not over crowded like other places in the area. As my title stated, the only problem with this place was the fact that I am ill suited for water activities!! And considering what a wreck I was for most of the day, they still managed to make it a fun experience for me. Keep up the great work, Rhonda!

Visited September 2013
JSMBali, Owner at Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Jessica P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a kind Trip Advisor review for us! We’re pleased, albeit that despite some of the challenges with the water activities, that you were still able to enjoy your day with us and that we were able to contribute to making your stay here in Bali extra special.

We’re delighted that you enjoyed the flying fish! We’re sorry that you ended up with a slight wrist sprain when trying to learn wakeboarding for the first time. You are correct that it is important once you feel yourself struggling to get out of the water that you let go and just try again. It’s easy the boat simply comes around again and you give it another go. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get up the first time if you are a beginner, thus we ask you to view the beginner wakeboarding video and practice on the beach prior to going out in the water. We do know you did try hard to get up and hope that won’t discourage you from trying wakeboarding again as once you do get up on the water like your fiancee did it’s really great fun and there are so many tricks to learn!

We’re glad that you enjoyed our facilities and got some time to relax on the beach. We’re also pleased that you were happy with how everyone took great care of you, thank you for those kind comments.

We hope that if you are ever back in Bali you will come visit us again, even if it's just for a bit of flying fish and jet skiing and then some great relaxation on our private beach? :)

Thank you again for your kind review and we hope to see you again soon!

Sydney, Australia
“awesome adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

They are a bit hard to find along the benoa strip, but if you book with them in advance they offer you a pick up and drop off service. Rhonda and her staff run a very professional marine sports company. We did the flying fish, banana boat and jet ski. They maybe a bit pricey than others, but have high safety and cleanliness standards. You definitely pay for what you get! We'll go back for sure!

Visited January 2014
JSMBali, Owner at Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear mumof2_16sydney,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a kind Trip Advisor review for us! We are absolutely delighted that you and your family enjoyed your water sports activities with us and also were pleased with our high safety standards and the cleanliness of our facility.

We are quite different than other dive and water sports centres in that all of our activities are strictly private, we do not mix groups. Also, our only partners are 5 star hotels, we do not partner with agents. We are a low-volume boutique operator and our facility is designed for a full day of water sports fun, food and relaxation. It is, however as you point out, a bit difficult to find as we operate on the west side of the Benoa peninsula in the quiet bay area and are the only operator based in this area, we practically have the ocean to ourselves! Low boat traffic also provides for a much safer water sports experience. At Bali Jet Set the safety of our guests is our utmost priority.

Just let us know when you’re back next in Bali and we will come pick you up!

Thank you again for your kind review and your support, it is truly appreciated by all of us here at Bali Jet Set.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 attraction reviews
“Great first experience !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have search for days to find the best place to do water sport in Nusa Dua, and then I found this place (thanks to trip advisor!!). First I sent email to Rhonda to ask what activities they have for my kids. She replied instantly and explain everything that i want to know. Since we're traveling with our 9 and 4 years kids so safety and cleanliness always be my concern. And trust me here in Bali Jet set you can have it all.
I booked a day earlier for some snorkeling. We got our own boat so that me and my youngest son can accompany my daughter and my husband while they are snorkeling. My youngest son scream and cried so loud to be in the boat for the first time but thanks to the staff (especially pak nyoman) they were kind enough to take care of us, even my youngest son who cry so loud at first was eventually brave enough to swim at the ocean for his very first time. Thank you Rhonda and the crew..though it only for a short visit we surely will come back for more activities when we visit bali next year and definitely recommend it to my friends.

Visited February 2014
JSMBali, Owner at Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Maya D,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a kind Trip Advisor review for us! We are absolutely delighted that you and your family enjoyed your first time snorkeling and that you decided to choose Bali Jet Set for the experience!

We will translate your review for our entire team to read as we feel it is important that they know what our guests are saying about us. Also, if there was something better that we could have done on the day we would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you also for offering to recommend us to your friends, your support is truly appreciated.

Thank you again for your review and for booking with us, we hope to see you again on your next visit to beautiful Bali!

Perth, Australia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

A very professional operation. A friend and I did the introductory dive - my first dive ever and his first since trying it in high school many years ago. We booked before heading to Bali (from Perth) but on the day we had to re-schedule as my friend had a bad case of Bali belly. Rhonda was very accommodating and happily rescheduled for a few days later.

A driver picked us up from our hotel and dropped us back after which made it all very easy. We also drove on the toll road over the water to get from our hotel in Legian/Seminyak to the dive centre. A nice included 'extra' in terms of getting to see the new road.

The setup at Bali Jet Set is great. Their own dive pool for us to learn about the gear and have a practice dive before heading out to the reef. The dive pool is fairly small but deep enough (5m I think) to get a feel for it. The two of us had one dive instructor and our own boat which was great for a personalised experience. The boat was maybe 6m (20 feet) so a good size and in addition to our instructor there was a skipper and two other 'helpers' - all just for my friend and I.

The dive itself was good with plenty of fish right in front of your nose, some under water statues to look at (and take photos in front of - if you have an underwater camera), and plenty of reef.

Overall it was a great experience and I would recommend Bali Jet Set to anyone.

Visited February 2014
JSMBali, Owner at Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Boccy04,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a wonderful Trip Advisor review for us! We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your first scuba diving experience with us and were pleased with our facilities, equipment and our services.

At Bali Jet Set the safety of our guest is always our absolute top priority. Thus our boats are always adequately manned with additional staff and our ratio of instructors to introductory (uncertified) divers is 1:2. Our ratio of instructors to certified divers is a maximum of 1:4 and if divers have different certification levels within that group we add another qualified Divemaster as we never allow students to surpass their certification depth.

We are also the only dive centre in the area with a 4 meter dive pool on-site. Our beginner guests study basic safety skills and practice in the pool prior to taking them to their first ocean dive. Not only is this a more safe approach than taking you straight to the ocean, but it also means that you get comfortable with all of the equipment so that by the time you get to the open water you are much more relaxed and comfortable.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and we hope to see you again back in Bali soon maybe for your PADI Open Water dive course?