“Another super week at Chalet Symphony” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Savoie Flair - Chalet Symphony

Savoie Flair - Chalet Symphony
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Cote-d'Arbroz
Savoie Flair - Chalet Symphony
You added Savoie Flair - Chalet Symphony to your Saves list
La Merive | La Cote D'Arbroz, 74110 La Cote-d'Arbroz, France   |
“Another super week at Chalet Symphony”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

This was our fourth time staying at Chalet Symphony and theres no doubt that we will be back to stay with the excellent hosts, Robin and Alex and enjoy the huge variety of terrain in the Portes du Soleil.
The food and hospitality was yet again first rate, the atmosphere fun and relaxed with a lovely group of people who we ended up spending a lot of time with throughout the week.
The hosts have an excellent knowledge of the area and we always enjoy spending time with them on the slopes or back at the chalet.
There are lots of great restaurants and bars across the whole range and its great to find somewhere new every time we return.
I would recommend Chalet Symphony to anyone looking for a great, hassle free time in the Portes du Soleil area and look forward to a trip again next year.
Thank you Robin and Alex for ensuring we had another super week

Stephen and Sara

Stayed March 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Just wanted to express my/our thanks for all the hospitality you showed us during our short trip recently.

I’ve been on a few ski/snowboard trips however I have to say that Chalet Symphony is without a doubt the best place I’ve stayed. In every category I could possibly score a winter holiday/chalet on you are head & shoulders above the rest. The luxurious accommodation is just that, the food is genuinely restaurant quality (Polly will be trying the celeriac soup recipe you kindly shared with her!), but what stood out most for me was your own personal hospitality, you went way above and beyond what would have been deemed “excellent”. Even taking for granted the 'lift to & from the airport' / 'ski rental guys waiting for us on arrival' / 'ski passes for the various areas sorted and waiting on the kitchen side each morning', your guided ski morning was fantastic and ensured we covered as much ground as possible, without you we’d have been fiddling with piste maps and probably not covered a quarter of what we did with you! However, it wasn’t just the experienced skiers & boarders that felt valued and looked after, the feedback from the complete novices was equally glowing, they all loved the ski area you showed them and you didn’t need to spend over an hour making sure they were comfortable, competent, safe, and above all, enjoying themselves.

I’d read somewhere that it was “seeing guests have a great ski experience, both on and off-piste” that was your key motivation, however with all due respect I’ve read that many times and sadly it’s usually not the case (especially when travelling with many of the ‘well known’ snow package-holiday brands!). However, it was clearly apparent that you genuinely were only interested in making sure we were having a good time. Even on the final night when you received a text asking for the pick-up to be put back from 6pm to 7pm you were unfazed and spent the night making sure we had a great last night. I can’t say I’d have been as accommodating if I’d received the same text.... whilst sat at the pick-up point.... at 6pm!! Sorry about that!
Robin, many many thanks, not least because my fiancé is now well n truly hooked on a winter holiday every year, I thought she’d be a tough convert, but following our hugely enjoyable trip to your chalet, I’ve now ensured I’ll never miss a season again!!

Pretty sure we’ll see you again in the not too distant future.

Cheers Robin.

Stu & Polly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

If Carlsberg did ski holidys they would be with Savoir Flair, the whole experience was fab, they really did think of everything we needed to have a special time. Food 10 out of 10 and perfect hospitality

• Stayed January 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

From the minute we arrived to the second we departed, we were made to feel very welcome and were treated superbly.

We have stayed in Morzine 3 times now and despite staying in a top chalet every time, this one is the best!

Robin is a great host and nothing is too much trouble. He thinks of everything and everyone at all times.

The bedrooms and bathrooms are great. Wonderful bootroom with heated boot rack that actually works. Lots of storage in the garage for our boards.

The hot tub is also perfect to wind down in after a day on the slopes.

The food is to die for, best i have ever had on a ski break. I'm sure I put weight on despite skiing hard for 4 days!

Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Lovely rooms with views upstairs
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We stayed for a short break as a family. The hosts, Alex and Robin, are great to be with and really make you feel at home. Rooms are very well appointed and comfortable. Very clean and towels provided. Lounge and seating is spacious and comfortable with large sofas. Food is fantastic. All meals have generous portions as well as being very tasty. Alex prepared our son an early evening meal and he was in bed early so that we had a relaxing evening starting with canapes, sparkling wine/kir in the longe followed by a three course meal . We pre arranged ski hire, passes and ski school through Alex and Robin before we arrived. They were very helpful when sorting out the booking. This allowed us maximum time on the snow and no hassle. We were also met and delivered to the airport so all we had to do was ski. We travelled from Geneva. Travel between the chalet and the lifts is never a problem by minibus that is run to suit your needs. Fantastic. We have stayed here for the past few years and will be staying again in a few weeks. If you have found this Chalet on the internet there is no need to continue, you have found the ideal chalet. Take your trunks as the hot tub is a great place to have a cold beer when the sun is down. The honesty bar ensures that you can have a drink, soft or otherwise, at any time. Tea and coffe is available free all day.We will be returning soon. AA

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The quality of the food and service exceeded my expectations, despite the very positive feedback previously provided on trip advisor.

What also stood out was how hassle-free my 4 day break was. Robin provided a transfer from Geneva, also shuttling our group to and from the slopes. Our ski hire and ski passes were also arranged seamlessly to allow maximum time relaxing!

I'll definitely be returning in the future.

Nic Devine

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Meopham, Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I have never experienced a "catered" chalet before but had always wanted to try so was keen to visit Chalet Symphony.

Well what can I say - this surpassed my expectations totally. I'm talking about the "catered" element of course as I've stayed in other chalets and hotels in ski resorts. Chalet Symphony facilities were on a par with others I've been too. We had downstairs bedrooms and I believe the upstairs ones are slightly better; there was no problem with the downstairs ones however. They were even very light because they were basically on the ground floor so lots of windows and light, I just think the upstairs ones would give you more views.

So far as the catered element of this chalet, I would say the standard was better than some good hotels I have stayed in. Breakfast was fairly standard but nice and casual. There was always a delicious cake waiting for us when we returned to the chalet (I highly recommend Robins Lemon Drizzle cake) in the afternoon and you could help yourself to tea or coffee.

The evening meal was a delight and something to be looked forward to. You would sit around the fire with beautiful hand made canapes and sparkling wine or kir. Then progress to dinner at the large table with all other guests and the standard was amazing. Always a starter, main course ( wild boar casserole, pork tenderloin etc) and dessert with wine which was plentiful, plus cheese (in abundance and of the best local variety) with Port also. Then coffee back around the fire after lots of good chats about the day at the dinner table. I had a vegetarian and wheat free friend with me and she was accommodated to the highest standard - inventive ideas to complement what we were otherwise having.

Overall a great trip and so easy to do when Geneva airport from Gatwick is only 1 hr 15 minutes.

The hosts could not have been more helpful and I will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: I think the upstairs rooms would give more views and maybe a bit more space.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Savoie Flair - Chalet Symphony? Share your experiences!