As most reviewers have made clear, you really do need to hire a car, or call a cab any time you want to go anywhere (relatively local), and if you're OK with that, this really is a great place to stay - the owner's description of the setting on this website is not at all overstated.
We prefer fans to a/c so took one of the upstairs rooms where the fan and natural breeze were more than adequate to keep cool. We had a king size bed, with a full sturdy mosquito net all around, and the shutters kept out the light. The room was spacious and clean, although the little freezer section of the fridge couldn't make ice fast enough for our rum and coke consumption! The balcony was a great place for breakfast, and our evening rum and cokes, but most of the time we were out exploring.
The friendly owner Nigel is a key part to how the set-up works. He's regularly on site, and is available 24/7 by phone. He picks you up from the airport, swings by the supermarket with you, and by the time we'd arrived at the apartments, all our questions were answered, and we were all set to go with a hire car the next day that he arranged.
There is a comprehensive folder in the rooms, listing and rating all of the beaches and attractions which was really useful (although the sections on bars and restaurants is out of date, that doesn't really matter). The (relatively) touristy bit to the South of the island is 15 minutes away, and Castara where we went on to stay for 5 nights is about 50 minutes. From there, a leisurely drive to Charlottesville at pretty much the Northern tip is just over an hour.
All car-hiring guests should visit the faded glory of the Arnos Grove Hotel, which opens it's terrace from 16:00 to 18:00 hours for tea, sandwiches and cake ($TT60) to which all the array of the island's birds flock, not least tens of hummingbirds, all very close up; and the totally unsignposted (but all the better for eventually finding it) Highland Waterfall.
For these things, plus Sunday School (a music based steel band then DJ based Sunday night), plus the beaches and snorkelling of the likes of nearby Store Bay & Pigeon Point, and for the place itself, you can't go wrong with the Sherwood Park Apartments.
- Also Known As:
- Sherwood Park Apartments Hotel
- Sherwood Park Apartments Hotel Carnbee
- Sherwood Park Apartments Tobago/Riseland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sherwood Park Apartments* comfortable and affordable holiday accommodation in a tranquil and peaceful setting* The Sherwood Park Apartments consists of ten one-room self-contained holiday apartments set in lush tropical gardens, with wonderful views over Tobago’s beautiful green hills and out to the ocean* 10 Studio Apartments* Fully Fitted Kitchens with Microwave Oven* Bathroom - Toilet, Shower, Washbasins* Private Balconies with Perfect Views* Air-Conditioning (ground floor)* Swimming Pool* Daily Room Cleaning Service* Friendly, Helpful Staff ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Sherwood Park Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.