“What a beef!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Deer Park
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Burglengenfeld, Germany
“What a beef!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently went there for the second time, ordering the same meal again (Legendary Filet) - and I must admit that this is definitely under the top 5 beef meals I have ever had in my life.

Excellent food quality on beef (my colleague was also very pleased with his Filet Mignon), I am sure it's the same with fish. Last time we had a party of ten, with different starters and sides, it was really amazing. A highly recommendable place to go, for any occasion, if you are willing to pay for (count at least 50 USD per person, if you want to enjoy).

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tampa, Florida
“Suggested by Hotel but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

it wasn't really our cup of tea. Very rustic inside and dark, reminds me of a ski lodge with cedar shakes and rock inside. Kitchen is open and dining room is dark. The food was marginal and way over priced. I ordered ahi tuna over caesar salad, my husband a steak. My husband said it was the best sirloin he'd ever had (usually tough) but my caesar salad was WAY too over dressed and soggy. I asked for more romaine lettuce (it was too small besides) to add to the mess but the server gave me an entire new caesar (without dressing), then I was asked twice if they could take the other plate. We ordered a heaping pile of french fries with blue cheese which was to die for - if I go here again, I'll just order with a side salad as a treat day.
The service was unimpressive, our waitress was completelyoverwhelmed with the table next to us (and seemed to be affected by whatever was going on as there was some kind of check issue). She needs to work on her finesse. All servers look to be over 50 (or maybe 60). The Chef came over to talk with us (impressive).
I gave this an 'average' due to menu prices, my salad, ambiance, and service.

Visited August 2012
Canton, Georgia
“Bull Meat Good but Dry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Dinner was average but there were a couple things that didn't make it great. I ordered the filet and for some reason it was very dry and it was comed medium. Business colleague had the tuna and he said it didn't have any flavor. Drinks, appetizers, and dessert were all very good but those two issues make me rank it lower than it could be.

midwest
“Chicago style in the burbs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

5 stars for the suburbs! Customer Service...We came in on a 97 degree day and my son felt sick as we were walking in. The staff held our reservation and brought him an ice water until we knew if we were staying or going. With some air conditioning and water he perked up and we were seated. On to our wonderful Bulgarian waiter Geno. He was attentive, friendly and provided answers to our questions as well as maintained our orders to exact specifications. We skipped appetizer and salad...on to the rolls with cinnamon butter. MMM... Rolls were moist and hot, cinnamon butter was sweet. So good. Chocolate martini yummy. Beer, check. 14 oz. Ribeye with caramelized onion mash and asparagus delightful and my medium well ribeye was cooked to exact specification. My husband enjoyed the swordfish and especially liked the ginger soy sauce that came with it along with the garlic mashed potatoes which I couldn't help but eat too. Very yummy. The kids had real chicken tenders. Can you imagine? One of my sons liked it, the picky eater didn't like it because it didn't taste like McDonald's. I tried them and they were quite good with the mustard sauce and ketchup provided. Ohhhh, the french fries. I had intended to try just one of my son's fries but, they were the most perfectly cooked french fries since my last visit to MK. It was heaven and I could not stop eating them. My kids were getting mad at me so I finally managed to stop. Next time I go I will be ordering a serving just for myself. I wonder if you can get those to go? Hmmm...Desserts good but, not on the level of everything else. We ordered the almond laced top hat. It was very good. The waiter brought out a piece of the triple layer chocolate ganache cake for free for my son's birthday. Nice touch but, it was not on the level of the almond laced top hat. Unfortunately I like chocolate so I was hoping the cake would be just as good. The kids got vanilla ice cream with a chocolate/coffee sauce which they did not like (next time we will forgo the sauce) but, I have to say I really enjoyed it and it made up for the mediocre chocolate cake. By the way did I mention our entire bill for 4 was about $90 minus tip? For the quality of our meal we would have paid much more anywhere else. Overall, I think this place is probably the best restaurant I have been to in the northern suburbs with quality and service more comparable to downtown Chicago. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NY
“Great steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

We have visited Stoney River many times over the past 10 years and although we now live on new York always make a point of visiting whenever we can.
The quality of their steaks rivals the more expensive chains. The house special is a coffee cured filet which may sound odd but is one of the juiciest filets you will ever have. The large bar centered in the main entrance area is well stocked and offers a wide choice of wines by the glass. If you are looking for a great steak and a fabulous atmosphere be sure to check it out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere