“Food quality is back, service is good.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Deer Park
Cuisines: Californian
Description: It is a chain.
Description: It is a chain.
Barrington, IL
“Food quality is back, service is good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

We re-visited this restaurant last night after giving them a Poor rating back in May 2013. We still love the chain and this is the closest one to us, so we took the chance. The good news is that the food quality is back up to the CPK standards. We had the pizza and a pasta, and it was yummy. Service is back to what we would consider normal, and some of the same servers were there. Looks like a new manager - at least the one that was on the floor. Glad to see them come back!!

• Visited December 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Try the Fish Tacos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

CPK is not just for pizza, pasta or salads. I had the fish tacos and was very impressed. The fish was good and the slaw was full of flavor. The 2 tacos served w chips and salsa were plenty for me. I walked away satisfied but not stuffed. A light healthy lunch for a change!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice time at CPK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had a gathering of 13 people on Tuesday July 10th. Our server , Glenn, was very good and very attentive. The food was good. My vegetable salad was quite tasty. Everyone enjoyed and had a good time.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palatine, Illinois
“The kids favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My bus like eating here mainly for the large variety of pizzas and the tortilla soup. We like the thinnest crisp crust the best.

My husband and I like the BBQ chicken salad but do think its quality has declined some the past few years with more iceberg lettuce and less toppings. Also the chicken seems of lower quality than in the past. My husband really likes the salmon flank lately.

Mahwah, New Jersey
“Not as good as the CPK near where I live”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I had a quick dinner here while in town for a wedding. I ordered one of my favorite dishes, the kung pao spaghetti, accompanied by a margarita and a caesar salad. Somehow, all three items were "eh." The margarita wasn't zippy, the caesar salad wasn't balanced, and the kung pao spaghetti wasn't flavorful.

Service was fine -- the food arrived a bit too quickly (still eating my salad when the pasta arrived). My server was pleasant and attentive until I needed to get the check, when I had to flag her down (no big deal -- they were busy).

I like CPK as a restaurant chain, and thought I could rely on it for a good experience when I needed to relax with a nice meal near my hotel. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't as good as I'm used to experiencing at my local CPK.

• Visited April 2014