“great day out” 4 of 5 stars

Whitburn, United Kingdom
“great day out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

went with my partner and out grandkids aged 7 and 3
had a great time looking at all the cars and other attractions brought back so many memories

kids loved the dr who exhibits and had a great time in the soft play area

they are already asking to go back

Visited March 2013

“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We decided to visit this museum after looking at it on trip advisor (husbands a big petrol head) weren't too sure after reading a couple of negative comments about it though but decided to give it a look anyway. And what can I say- WOW ! What a gem of a little place, it just shows you can't please all the people all of the time, but we will def be back again. The whole place was clean and well laid out, every corner you turned had another interesting thing to look at, and the cars were just top class (some probably worth more than my house ! And We have a nice house !) The kids loved all the film related things and my husband said the cars were very well presented, the old toys brought back lots of childhood memories. The shop was more for the adult collector but the kids found some pocket money items to buy and the owner (at least I think he was the owner) was such a pleasant chap, and gave the kids some free posters. The play area was very busy so we decided to sit upstairs in the 007 bar ! And have something to eat, freshly prepared and good value, we enjoyed having our meal in the bar area, we were the only family in that part of museum and I can't think of a nicer place to sit and have a couple of drinks, (surrounded by rare bond posters and pics of Daniel Craig !) When we went to leave, the soft play was not as busy so the kids had a run around for a while, yes the play area is not as big as some but this place is mainly a motor museum with the addition of a small but well thought out soft play, which the younger two loved. How many soft play areas do you know have millions of pounds of cars and exhibits in the building too ? All in all a great place and long may it continue, I would recommend it to anyone who can appreciate true class.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Little Museum - With LOADS to see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently payed a visit to this establishment, A few weeks Ago with My Girlfriend, Both of us aged in our late 20's... I visited it a few years back and always planned to go back, 2nd time around there was way more to see from the first time!.... Very well displayed Stuff with loads of interesting and fun exhibits...... Reading through the reviews on here I was surprised to see the overall level of criticism of it..... A lot of effort and care has been put into this little place.....and it looks to be run single handed, OK its not as big as the Glasgow Transport Museum (Riverside Museum) where I stay Just 10 Mins from & have visited on various occasions (The Old Museum Being Perfect) The New Museum being a Total Let down!..... Exhibits all over the place; Trains mixed with cars and caravans - The Place is Like a Bad Trip Now.... They have totally Ruined It.... and yea we can all say ''BUT ITS FREE'' yea it is, But you yourself and Us as TAX PAYERS Have Paid for it, To the tune of 74 Million POUNDS!... So for that Level Of Money IT SHOULD BE FREE! and be above Average...... I can Honestly Say we found more interesting things to see at this smaller Museum and The 35 min Drive from The Rutherglen / Glasgow Area was Well Worth It.... and hope to go back again later in the year, From chatting to the Curator Of The Museum ( A real Nice Guy ) The Museum has a few nice changes planned in the near future with more exhibits and some changes to the building's design space and layout. Al great stuff from what I could see.

I Would agree with the reviews that Children May Find it Boring,.... that's something to do with the fact that Children / Kids, Don't understand or Get Nostalgia / History..... as they haven't been around long enough. My Mum & Dad took their Niece & Nephew aged 6 & 8 to the new Riverside Museum when it opened & they were board beyond belief..... Like I say Museums are not really for Kids. I remember being bored by them when I was Younger.

We had A Burger & Chips for Lunch in the Museums little 'Nostalgia Style Cafe' it Was Adequate & Decent enough. The Way A Menu Works is: You look at the List of Food On Offer... Usually There's a Price Beside Each Thing BEFORE you order / Buy.... and if your Not Happy with the prices. You DON'T BUY.... Probably Why I have walked out from a Few 'Pub Grub Eaters' over the years and went elsewhere ... for the same reasons.

Overall A Great Little Place, wish there were more Places like this around, With Attention to Detail and a Nice Selection of Items - Unique to the Place Itself.

a Good 8/10 Visit - Look Forward to the Museums Revamp & New Exhibits in the Near Future.

NOT ONE FOR YOUNG KIDS I don't think

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Quaint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I don't want to mark this museum down as they had loads of stuff my parter and I found interesting (and we remembered it) but we took a 10 and a 15 year old and they were bored.
Great if you love James Bond, cars and memorabilia from the 50's, 60's and 70's, and even longer ago (I spent ages reading a Woman's Weekly magazine from the 50's - hilarious adverts in it) and its all crammed into a lovely wee space.
Only took us half an hour to go round so thought we would head to the coffee shop - we couldn't find the entrance to it, even though it was part of the building! We left and went to the garden centre along the road.
Thankfully we had a voucher to get us all in for £9.00, I wouldn't have paid the normal price.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went for a fun day out with our 7 & 5 year old grandchildren. The "museum" consisted of a few old cars and a couple of old motor bikes cramed into a small space - the whole area was very cold. After paying £18 for admission we then paid another £18 for 2 large toasties and 2 childrens along with soft drinks that were too sweet for the kids to drink - this is too much for entry and the standard of food!
The soft play area is not suitable for children older than 4, our kids wanted to get home as they were too cold and bored with what was on offer.
Again we should have checked with tripadvisor first.