“Nice place near Moharli gate, Tadoba” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Tiger Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chandrapur
Royal Tiger Resort
You added Royal Tiger Resort to your Saves list
Moharli | Tadoba, Chandrapur, India   |
Pune, Maharashtra, India
“Nice place near Moharli gate, Tadoba”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We traveled to Tadoba in the hot month of May.
The resort was a good choice we made.
The ACs did not let us feel the temperature of 46 degrees. There were no power cuts, not even once.
The family room we stayed in was nice and clean. As all six of us could accommodate in a single room, we could enjoy the time together.
The food was mild and good. The restaurant and overall campus was clean.
Management was good. Ambiance was good too with a maintained lawn.
Service was really good. The best part was getting cold towels after coming back from safari.
Some minor issues we realized were that the condition of safari jeep was not up to the mark. Our jeep had some trouble in the jungle, although it was not serious. Another issue was there was no intercom telephone in the room. Also there was limited choice for breakfast.
In short, it is a place for people traveling with family or friends who want to enjoy the stay quietly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Nagpur, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Its a nice and decent resort. The rooms are nice and clean. The lawn and garden is well maintained. The main thing is that it is very close to the main gate (moharli). Dont go there with very very high expectations and you will be happy. Enjoy TADOBA!!!!!!

Room Tip: I forgot to take some photos of the hotel, but believe me its a good hotel (as on may 2013).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thane, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The first Terrible rating given by me on Tripadvisor, but the service and attitude at Royal Tiger really forced my hand. The rooms are fine reasonably clean for the remote location and the food is also good. But you don't really travel all the way to Tadoba for the stay and the food. On our first safari, the jeep broke down and surprisingly the resort management refused to take any ownership of the incident. They went about blaming everyone from the jeep owner to even us for the breakdown. Mechanical failures are understandable but the attitude after the incident was shocking to say the least.
Later on in the day we found out that our safari bookings were all botched up and we had no bookings for the next day. This in spite of booking well in advance.
We were offered the option of going to the national park through a different gate which was a 50% over the normal safari rate and also a bumpy 45 minute drive to the gate. So the entire purpose of staying close to Moharli gate went out of the window.
We found out that we were not the only ones hit by the mismanaged safari bookings. Other guests also had the same complaint.
What is worse is that until 3 days before our visit I was told that all safaris are booked as per my instructions and only on reaching the resort I found that nothing was booked.
If you are travelling to Tadoba and stay at Royal Tiger DO NOT rely on them for the safari bookings. The management does not simply understand what a Wildlife resort is.

By the way, the Tadoba reserve is fantastic and tiger sightings and other wildlife was wonderful!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

A small neat and quite place. No nonsense, and does-the-trick kind of a place.
The largest room – which can accommodate over a dozen guys (courtesy bunk beds) – is, in a way, a great way to connect with friends or family! The big open garden right in front of all the rooms is a great place to just chill and unwind after a tiring excursion to the jungle or a tiring journey to reach the destination. On the flip
Neatness and cleanliness is quite good. Service, given that it's a very small hotel, is reasonable as well.
Food is basic and just about palatable. Clearly, no one will ever come here for culinary delights. Also, was given to understand from my non-vegetarian friends, the non-veg food was a tad better than the veg one.
Alcohol not available inside, so iff you must drink, remember to carry your own. The same is also true for many other basic things that we otherwise take for granted – shaving cream, for e.g.; not much is available around this place.
A value for money hotel that meets basic needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Please note that following review is solely based on our interaction with the resort management and not on the actual stay. Why? Please read on.

Considering limited spots for Safari, we booked for our stay way back in December 2012. As our travel itinerary and subsequent bookings were done in late December 2012 itself; we decided to book accommodation as well as Safaris well in advance. The choice of resort was done taken into consideration the rave reviews posted by other fellow travelers, who have been there.

Resort booked and partial package amount paid well advance; we were super excited about this trip. Therefore, when it came for Safari booking we sent our details within the prescribed time limit as to book early and possibly exclusive slots. But the entire plan went into toss less than a month before actual travel.

Despite paying advance amount and giving all the details to book requisite Safaris; they turned us down majorly. Just 20 days ahead of our travel, the resort management came back saying sorry, but we are unable to book any Safaris for you. The reason being Safaris were super full. This was a total shocker!!!

We were in for rude shock and frantic planning for an alternative trip altogether. This attitude of management sucks big time; as despite booking super well in advance they clearly turned us down for another large group. They have accepted this in passing that they have to make arrangements for a big group and so could not accommodate us.

Well, my advice if you are travelling solo or couple is to beware. It’s better to check with another resort in the vicinity than relying on the tall claims of the management of this resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I traveled here with my parents for a couple days on April 7. We stayed in the "super deluxe room". Given the location, this is the cleanest place you can live in. Decent rooms, AC works even when there are power cuts, clean bathroom. An extra bed in the room is not really a bed but just a mattress, but that served my purpose.

The only problem I had here was that when I reached there, I was told that no safaris were booked for us. The text message I had received from them at the time of booking was "Room is reserved and safaris are booked through your sources", which I was supposed to interpret as me having to book my own safari. Given that I had always requested for the reservation of two safaris from them all along, I'm not sure how I was supposed to "book my own safari". Anyway, it could have been a communication gap, but you better clarify this when you make a booking. Once I reached there, the owner and manager made sure we had a safari to go to (shared with different people) and they charged us Rs. 2000 per safari (discounted since it was shared). We saw 4 tigers on each of our safaris - once up close in the morning, and once a little far away near the water body.

Food was good. They serve breakfast at 10 am, lunch at 1 pm, a snack at 6 pm and dinner at 8 pm, which I thought was a good enough frequency. My father needs meals at fixed times, for example breakfast at 8 am, and they provided bread-butter and tea to him at the times he needed them. No other complaints. I'd recommend the place as long as you make sure everything you've requested is booked at the time of booking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stay in resort 2 day 22 and 23 march. We stayed in family unit A.C. room. It was very clean and nit. Even in power failure A.C. was working. The location of resort and design was superb. The food quality is nice. The Owner himself take care of everything. The restaurant was constructed is such a way that you will fill cool inside.
We sighted 7 tigers, 1 is very closed just 3 feet away, their swimming and play in pound. It was great experience
Santosh Petkar

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Royal Tiger Resort? Share your experiences!