“Fabulous restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Watermill Lodge

Watermill Lodge
Kilmore Quay, Lisnaskea BT92 0DT, Northern Ireland (Formerly Watermill Restaurant)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Lisnaskea
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Irish
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Omagh
“Fabulous restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Fabulous meal! Fabulous company! Looking forward to our next visit. This was our first visit and we were all very pleased with it. I would like to visit during the day so that I could see the building and the surroundings better. The menu was great with plenty of variety. I would like to visit for Sunday lunch some time. I'll have to start dropping some hints

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Armagh, United Kingdom
“Superb As Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Absolutely bamboozled by the negative comments about this fabulous restaurant.

Was a regular when Pascal operated the Manor Park in Armagh and have dined about half a dozen times in the Watermill and have never been disappointed. In fact when the good wife asked me where I wanted to go to celebrate my 50th birthday this was my automatic choice.

Think everyone agrees that the location on the edge of Lough Erne and the building itself are stunning. Built by and large from reclaimed materials it won NI building of the year and includes a number of doors from an old Welsh prison that the owner apparently purchased off eBay. In addition you also have the choice of arriving by car, boat or if you are fortunate enough by helicopter.

The early bird menu at £21.95 represents great value for money and is available all night. Opted for the prawn cocktail for starters, steak for mains (£3 extra) and the apple tart and ice cream to finish and as usual all were cooked to perfection and impeccably presented.

Some in the party had the duck and soup for starters and would have no hesitation recommending to others. I would suggest ordering a couple of sides between 2/3 people especially the gratin dauphinois which are to die for.

The Watermill also offers a variety of accommodation including rooms and cottages.

Finally ladies you just have to take a peek at the sinks in the mens toilets but please knock first!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Absolutely Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

What a wonderful meal - we opted for the early bird menu which was extremely good value given the quality and presentation of the food. The portions were ample and the service was very good. All the people in our party were equally impressed. Would have loved to have been here during the day to appreciate the view which I believe is fabulous. Will be back again soon.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ireland
“very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

my husband and i went to the watermill a few months ago now for our 10 year wedding anniversary and i have to say i was really disappointed. i will not be going back again. the waiting staff were not informed about the dishes etc. when eating our starter a waiter placed chips and veg on our table thinking they were for us and then we had to give them to the couple beside us as they were for them. food tasty but my maincourse was not up to standard and the chef forgot to put the main part of my maincourse on my plate. we had travelled from county monaghan and it really was not worth the journey.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
ireland
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here in one of the cottages and had meal in restaraunt, the meal was absolutly lovely and worth every penny i cant wait to go back

• Visited September 2012