“Simply the best service in ALL of Venezuela!!!” 5 of 5 stars

La Posada del Capitan Henry
Calle Carabobo no. 57, La Guardia, Margarita Island, Venezuela   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in La Guardia
Maturín, Monagas, Venezuela
“Simply the best service in ALL of Venezuela!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

In a country where poor service is worn like a badge of honor (I know as I've lived here for almost 3 years), La Posada del Capitan Henry is the sole exception and then some.

The accomodations are what you'd expect from a posada: fair pricing, comfortable, with few aminities; but with an added kick of down home hospitality. A characteristic that goes a long way for a stranger in a strange land.

The old business adage is true to form, "people buy from people they like" and there's everything to like about Henry. A true gentleman who understands that the value of relationships is rooted in...

SERVICE! SERVICE! SERVICE!

Thanks to you my friend Henry for making our visit to Margarita Island memorable.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I really dont even know where to start with this because there are so many amazing things to list. First off like to thank Captain Henry for being such a big help and providing such an amazing experience here at the Posada.

This place is super clean and his staff is a;ways doing their best to make it look its best everyday. I fell in love with the location and had only planned staying a few weeks and now I am looking at buying property in the area. The rooms are the cleanest ever and have such a neat design to them. There are 5 or more places on each side of the Posada that sell fish right as it comes out of the water. Just a 5 Minute walk to town and you can find all your little neccessities to cook or for personal hygiene, no need to go to Porlamar. Wi-fi can be accessible from anywhere throughout the Posada and is super fast.

As you enter the Posada you will notice the attention to detail. Captain Henry has really put tons of time an effort into making sure his guests have an extremely comfortable stay. The area La Guardia, to me has the nicest people on the island. I am a transgender woman and was a bit concerned at first with the reaction I would get here. Not once have I felt threatened or mistreated here. Captain Henry, staff and the community here have been nothing but the best to me and have made me feel like Family from day one.

If you like to cook, there are like 4 or 5 dual burners to cook whatever your heart desires. Its like having 20 kitchens in one area and a great selection of pots, pans and everything you need to prepare that 5 star meal. There are also 2 grills that are available and whats cool is they are directly in front of the ocean.

If your wondering about the weather here, look no further. Its on the leeward side of the island, so you dont get that sticky salt water feel. The breeze is amazing, especially in the evenings, I love to sit down in the dining area, watch the sunset as the winds flow through the Posada. To me there is nothing more relaxing.

Well, Im going to leave off there and enjoy the rest of my time here. I hope you have the opportunity to experience what I have.

~Marissa

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at La Posada del Capitan Henry, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Marissa thank you very much for your kind words . We will keep working very hard to deserve them some time in the near future . We look forward to have you as one of the gang in the neighborhood . Cap Henry
Horsholm, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Perfect place on the Island of Margarita very near the beautiful beaches. The hotel is perfect, clean and everything you could expect it to be. The price is very attractive and the host and owner is always willing to give good advices. I would absolutely come back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Dear Captain Henry,
I would like to express my gratitude for providing the homey tranquility and safety single women seek when traveling alone to the beautiful island of Margarita; it's such a quiet and safe place to be.
My sister and I found at your Inn what were longing for: good service for a fair price, and a neat home environment. You and your staff were all very kind and respectful; your room service was excellent as well; however, I would like to make a simple request, with the intention of improving even more your Inn, considering the outstanding facilities at your Inn, could there be a way to place the air conditioning unit a bit higher up in the wall? The AC unit in our room was extremely powerful and cooled our room way too much. I believe it was due to its location somehow low on the wall. We were freezing in the room with the bunk bed. Just that minor detail can make the experience ever better.
I will book a room at your Inn again as soon as I have a date to come back to Margarita, hopefully during summer of next year. Margarita stole my heart and your Inn provided me with the safety and tranquility that I was seeking. I'll look forward to staying at your Inn again. Again thank you very much and until next year Captain Henry.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

We stayed in the Posada del Capitan for 1 week in March 2010. That was our first visit to Venezuela and the first experience of staying in posada and I can say that it could not be better. That Posada was found by chance through the Internet and we are very grateful for that chance! Captain Henry is not only a very hospitable, responsive and unobtrusive host but a very charismatic person on the whole. He helped us to rent a car, explained how to get to different places on the island and gave us many other important advices which we used almost daily. The Posada is a very comfortable and roomy complex, with wonderful pool and view over the sea with many pelicans resting on fishermen boats. There is a small fishing market very close to the Posada where in the mornings we bought fresh fish at unbelievably low prices and every morning fish was of different types! The place is very undisturbed and quiet, we rented a car and it did not take long to get from there to all the other places on the island we wanted to visit - we went to the National Park La Restinga, visited the farthest beaches on the island and various shopping malls. The beautiful cats - Mimi, Lucia and Mazetto only added charm to the place! And a little Leporello, white stray kitten few weeks from birth, picked by Captain on the street, took our hearts away. For this New Year we went to Margarita again but by the moment we decided to reserve rooms in the Posada, the place was already fully booked. But Captain was very helpful again and found us a very nice place to stay not very far from his Posada. Next time when we decide to travel to Margarita again we will undoubtedly stay in the Posada (of course if rooms will be available :)). All I can say that it was a big honour and a great pleasure to become acquainted with Captain Henry and I ham sure that all the people who met him know what I am talking about, he and his Posada are really something special.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

We spent over a week in Posada in 2007 with three of my friends. It was the best place to stay and enjoy Margarita- quit, calm and tourist-free zone. We had long and nice conversations with Captain himself and appreciated being in this paradise.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

It was the 1st time for me staying in a posada because I preferred hotels before. But now I changed my opinion. This place is unique and it is difficult to describe - you have to experience it. The service is better than a hotel one. After staying at Posada del Capitan we were for a week in a four star all inclusive hotel and I have to say that the service in the posada was better and the posada is very well maintained-it is like a new one-I was surprised that it is about 15 years old – everything was so fresh-unbelievable. We were like in a private villa there-no one to bothers us, everything was for us. The captain drove us to Porlamar and Playa del Agua, he picked us from the airport and drove us to the hotel. He was like a real father for us-very nice and responsible.
The view is unbelievable – you are part of a real picture being there- a small quiet bay, pretty fishing boats, many pelicans, very calm sea and the sunset – it is difficult to see sunset like this-really unique.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Posada del Capitan Henry? Share your experiences!