We stayed at Sunset Beach Studios for 10 nights in early February, 2013 and had a very relaxing, easy vacation. The studios are clean, comfortable and quiet. They're north of the high rise district about 2 miles. You're only about 1 mile from Boca Catalina and maybe 2 miles to Arashi beach. You're literally across the street from the ocean and can walk along the water's edge and go shelling. We stayed in studio # 2, which has a garden view, but is an end unit. We never heard our neighbor, only when he would leave in the AM closing his door.
The staff are friendly and helpful. The owners Eve and JP were on sight frequently. The maid service was timely and thorough. This is a very small motel/resort and If you're looking for luxury this isn't it. There are no high end furnishings here. You do have a small pool to cool off in though, a hot tub, sun chairs and a large palapa with cushioned chairs and a large table. The grounds are well maintained and flowers were beginning to bloom while we were there. There are two grills on the property which we used for steak and chicken wings. It was nice not to have to eat out each and every meal. The fridge was super clean and stocked all that we needed. You do only have a dual hot plate, no stove, so just FYI but it was sufficient. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning was nice to have at night. There is no ceiling fan, but you get plenty of trade winds if you don't want the air on.
What is unique about this place is the people that go there. Each couple or family had been staying there for 9 + years and plans to continue their yearly ritual indefinitely. They're a family though each lives in different states, keeping in contact via skype, email and visits. This family opened their arms to us and made us feel as though we also had known them for years. It was an awesome experience.
I would stay there again if we decide to return to Aruba, but I would say it was more about the people than the accommodations.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Studios Hotel
- Sunset Beach Studios Hotel Malmok Beach
- Sunset Beach Studios Aruba/Malmok Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Beach Studios combines Caribbean beauty and tranquility with Dutch hospitality and cleanliness. 10 studio style units and 1 Oceanview house (w/2, 3 or 4 bedrooms) are set around a flowering tropical garden with swimming pool and jacuzzi, each with its own patio area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sunset Beach Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.