“Couldn't have been any better!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sunset Beach Studios to your Saves list
Sunset Beach Studios
L.G. Smith Blvd. 486, Malmok Beach, Aruba   |
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Couldn't have been any better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

It was our first visit to Aruba and we were looking for a place to stay away from the bustle of activities in the high and mid-rise hotel districts. We found the perfect place at Sunset Beach Studios! While I was initially disappointed that the larger studios with a view were booked, our #2 studio was the perfect size, and was possibly the most private on the property. Every evening we walked across the road (not very busy) to enjoy the sunset. We liked having the kitchenette, so that we didn't have to go out for all our meals. The location was convenient if you have a car - it was so easy to get around. The owners staff and other guests were delightful. Loved the blend of nationalities.

Very glad we toured Arikok park - even tho we had a small Kia the driving was fine along the main routes as long as we drove slowly - incredible country! We're not strong swimmers, so the best beach for us was Eagle - parking under the trees, sand beach with gentler swells (downside is they are all hotel properties so you can't rent a chair or buy a drink) but you can rent one from the studios and bring it along.

Staff is so helpful with restaurant suggestions and reservations. Hands down the best fish we ate was at Pelican pier - grilled grouper that tastes like they just plucked it from the sea. It's near the holiday Inn so we might not have tried it without the strong recommendation from a fellow traveler. All around a lovely spot!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Lithonia, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I recently celebrated my birthday in Aruba. It was my 4th time on this beautiful island. My first time at Sunset Beach. I must say I was not disappointed. Eve and Monique went out of the way to make sure I was comfortable. My birthday morning imagine my surprise to a beautiful vase on the patio of cut flowers. Later on a box of chocolate. I really enjoyed my stay at Sunset the room was nice, clean and safe. A female traveling alone that's very important. I would like to say a special Thank you to Monique she made a good trip a better trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here for the 2nd part of my trip to Aruba, over NYE holiday. Very friendly and helpful staff , as well as the other guests. Directly across from a beach, for great sunset views. Down the street from both Malmok and Arashi beach- great snorkeling.
The 1st room was a garden studio with a porch, views of the ocean. Tiny room but great views.
Our 2nd room was another garden studio with 2 twins and a futon. Much bigger with a cute table outside for coffee/ cocktails/ wifi reception.
I would absolutely recommend this and hope to be back.
My only suggestion to make my stay better is that the screens need to be fixed in the windows. We had to spray ourselves head to toe with mosquito spray both inside and outside of our room. Upon investigation on why we were waking up with bites during our sleep, I found that the screens in the kitchen had about 1" gap from the window frames.
Wasn't awful or wouldn't keep me away from this property- just make sure to bring or buy mosquito spray or you will be miserable.
2 cute cats and a shower for you to use, once checked out, were also pluses. Snorkel gear to rent and drinks on property are very convenient.
I hope to go back soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Syracuse NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed in Ocean 1 which i recommend. We loved the location away from the crowds and near wonderful beaches. If you are looking for simple, all the amenities you need in a smaller place, this is for you. If you want more luxury than it isn't. Our room was comfortable (AC worked great when we needed it) and the kitchen well equipped. It did not have indoor seating area but we never needed it with the wonderful deck which was covered so we even had shelter during brief rain storms. Sunsets were gorgeous. We had a car because we like to explore, but the Beach Bus ran frequently and stopped right at Sunset. There are taxi's, too to bring you back from dinner out.

Room Tip: The front rooms were great. The large Ocean studio looked REALLY nice but we didn't see inside...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently stayed at the Sunset over Christmas and New Year. I had done a lot of research before I decided booking at the Sunset. Given that the holidays is the high season in the Caribean, prices at the Sunset were very reasonable. Reviews were overall very good and I have to say that we were not disappointed with what received both in terms of location, room and amenities. Our room offered everything we needed and was very clean. JP, Eve and staff were always accomodating and very pleasant hosts. The pool and hot tub offered a great way to relax while reading a book or having a drink. It is perfect for relaxation and enjoying a quiet holiday which exactly what we were looking for. I still have a vivid memory of the blue sky, lush vegetation and the sound of the wind which relaxes and easily put you to sleep. We rented a car for ease of travel but could have very well taken the bus which seems to runs fairly regularly. Overall, we were very pleased and would not hesitate to recommend it to those seeking a quiet holiday.

Room Tip: My tip: do a good research when looking for rooms. Do not rely on pictures on official websites. Ch...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

JP and Eve, the owners, were very friendly and helpful and went out of their way for us . On our last day, they let us check out late, keep our stuff in the office, hang out by the pool, and even shower in the laundry room before we left. The rooms are not fancy but very clean and comfortable and everyone has their own outdoor eating area. There are bbq grills in the courtyard for guest use too. The office has snorkel equipment, aqua socks, and body boards for rent for a fair price and will even let you borrow a cooler. We felt that they thought of everything we might need and were happy to help.

• Stayed December 2012
Cumberland, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you are looking for a quite getaway with clean rooms and friendly staff at a reasonable rate, Sunset Beach is the place to stay in Aruba. You don't have all the amenities you would in a high-rise hotel, but the peace and quite and friendly service more than makes up for that. The owners will go out of their way to accommodate you. Eve even drove us to a restaurant in her own car the first day we got there! Having a car is helpful, but for travels during the day, a bus stops right in front!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Beach Studios? Share your experiences!