“I had a swell time!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Tamraght
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf Star Morocco are a fun, friendly and experienced surf camp offering everything you need to feel at home on your Moroccan Surf Adventure! With a range of Surf Packages for beginner to advanced surfers, and a list of fun extra activities, we aim to give every guest the ultimate surf holiday in Morocco! You can choose from a range of Surf Packages including a variety of accommodations, Agadir Airport transfers, Surf Lessons or Surf Guiding (level specific), Equipment hire, Surf Yoga and excellent day trips! Our location is easy to reach, with a 40min transfer time from Agadir airport, and a 5 min walk to several surf spots and sandy beaches! Live life to the full and join us for a quality surf camp holiday to remember!
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I had a swell time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have just returned from an awesome week at surf star! not only was it my first in morocco but also my first time surfing and i couldn't of asked for a more ideal location or group of people to spend the experience with!

Each morning we started with yoga on the rooftoop, the perfect way to wake up! Lucie was a fab yoga teacher with so much knowledge and very attentive to ensure we all held positions to the best of our ability so was perfect for beginners as well as advance yoga students, there was also an evening session with the sunset which was the perfect way to wind down after a days surf. Lucies positive vibes and endless skills ensured we all left feeling rejuvenated and any aches from a hard days paddling were gone, i would recommend booking the yoga classes !

I was lucky enough to be taught to surf from Barrack,Hassan,MoMo and Faddle the guys were very knowledgeable, patient and also fun! I have never surfed before and with their help,a push and lots of "paddle,paddle,paddle" i managed to ride a wave on my first day! they cover the technical as well as the practical so you fully understand all aspects of the surf and sea! eg green waves + white waves, different methods of standing, speeding up, turning, catching waves at the right time. each of these skills were developed each day, i appreciate the way they would give you feed back/tips after each session on what you can improve on or what you did well.

When we weren't in the sea,sunbathing or having a siesta there was always lots to do, one day the girls took a trip to the local spa for massage & ham man treatments they were absolute heaven and well deserved after a days surf! 200 diram each (20 euro) so excellent value and well reccomended! One afternoon we also went on a trip to paradise valley ( rightly named) it was a beautiful location to take a swim and walk through the mountains.

The food was delicious,fresh, traditional morocco food such as; tagines,kababs,cous cous etc always very tasty and some nights we also went for dinner at the local restaurant too! Lunch and breakfast were equally as yummy. They were also very accommodating for people on the holiday who had special requirements eg gluten free,dairy free,vegetarian.

I met some amazing people from all over the world and really bonded as a group and had such a laugh, we arranged together to go for a night out in Agadir! we went for midnight swims on the beach and played games round the fire, and the best night was when we had a powercut and had an impromptu pool side acoustic sing along under the stars! So many lovely memories and a jam packed week of fun all thanks to Lucie,MoMo and the surf star guys for working so hard to make such a lovely holiday, i can't wait to get back and ride those green waves!

Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Surfing Stars!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a brilliant time with the Surf Star team and can not wait to get back out and surf with them again. This was my first attempt at surfing and my first trip to Morocco and it was an experience I will never forget.

Lucy, Mo, Barak and Hassan were so welcoming, friendly and helpful. They filled our trip with laughter, great conversations and of course fun on the surf. I learnt to surf whilst my cousin chilled on the beach - so if you are travelling with non-surfers they are made just as welcome. The lessons were great as the boys really know their stuff and they looked after us in the water at all times. They push you to improve but equally will let you go at your own comfortable pace, if you get tired and want some beach time to chill or swim.

Lucy also runs yoga classes and I experienced my first rooftop yoga session in the morning sun with a view to the surrounding village..it was awesome! She is a great instructor with a vast amount of knowledge and experience and I would highly recommend participating in her classes.

We stayed with Surf Star for four nights so I only got three beach days in. If you are total novice I would recommend staying for a week minimum as that gives you a decent amount of time to develop your surfing skills and improve. I was just getting into it but then had to leave for Marrakesh but would have loved to have had a few more days. Also the waves are not as big in July (great for a beginner like me) but if you are an experienced surfer then Dec-Jan would probably be more up your street. The last thing I have to mention is to recommend the local massage/ beauty parlour which aided my aching arms greatly (and was a lot cheaper than in Marrakesh!)

I cant recommend Surf Star enough, they really made us feel at home and so welcome. We miss you guys and the surf and we really enjoyed our stay and meeting you all. Good luck with opening the new accommodation and we'll definitely see you there soon!! Thank you Surf Star!!

Visited July 2013
“loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just had a wonderful time at surf star morrocco with the surf and yoga package. Lucie's yoga classes were great for me as she tailors the classes to her students and it was the perfect counterpoint to the surf. Surf lessons were great for beginners, 'barak and hassan were super patient, and we were lucky enough to have a great teacher to student ratio - we were all standing by the first day or so and kind-of turning by the end of the week.

The team also squeezed in a visit to the aptly named paradise valley for some walking, swimming and an amazing home cooked lunch.

The riad was good and some of the food was excellent but surf star will be even more awesome when they move into their new riad - I'll be back!

Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Great people make a great holliday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just back from an amazing week spent at Surfstar!! I travelled there with a group of 36 friends and each of us can't wait to go back...we're already planning our next visit! For a very reasonable price, the best deal we could find (and I shopped around) we really got more than we expected! The camp is run by a fantastic team, super friendly and helpful and we couldn't have felt more welcomed or looked after better.

Visited June 2013
Helsinki, Finland
4 attraction reviews
“Surf, sun, daytrips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had again fun times in the sun and on the water with surfstar crew. This is place where you are well taken care of. I choose surfstar once again cause in surfing they do good warm ups before going to water. Instructors Momo, Barak, Hassan and Zac are really focusing on you getting better.. so step by step this beginner is learning more and more every time. They can also arrange anykind of daytrips from other city visits to skateboard/longboading lessons. Highly recommed to stay here! Love these guys! For sure i will go back to my Moroccan family again! Inchallah! :)

Visited June 2013