“Highlight of Morocco trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moroccan Surf Adventures

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamraght
Moroccan Surf Adventures
You added Moroccan Surf Adventures to your Saves list
Dour Mosque, Sahel, Tamraght, Agadir, Morocco   |
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Highlight of Morocco trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Would recommend MSA to anyone wanting to surf in Morocco. Prices are decent and really clear, food, airport transfers, yoga lessons travel to beach etc. were all included in price so you don't get stuck paying for any 'extras' that are essential like you do in some other places.
The staff were really helpful, Scott was amazing, always helping out, hanging out with us when he could and his surfing knowledge is incredible, definitely the man to talk to if you have any technical surfing questions. Nige was fantastic too, we'd had a bit of trouble in the first part of our trip but the second we were through the door at MSA he did everything he could to make sure we had a good time. The yoga instructor (I think she has been changed since I was there) was really nice and and waking up to a sunrise yoga sesh on the roof every day felt amazing.
The food's really nice: breakfast is basic but filling and exactly what you need for a full day surfing, lunch was good and Mo's home-made Moroccan food was the best we had the entire month we were in Morocco. Communal meals on the sun terrace were really nice and definitely helped the really laid back vibe.
Can't think of anything else to say other than I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
dennybond, Owner at Moroccan Surf Adventures, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hey Van_Bram,
thanks for ' Highlighting your Morocco trip'.
Really pleased to hear you mention there are no hidden bolt on's to our packages. The extra's we do provide are however free of charge & is an absolute pleasure to supply these when it leaves such an impression on guests like yourself.
' Cant think of anything else to say but cant wait for you to come back '.
All the very best,
Team MSA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I came back from Morocco three weeks ago after having one of the best holidays ever with MSA. Together with two other travelers we were picked up from the airport by the MSA driver and after around 40min drive we arrived to the house, welcomed by one of the most happiest and friendliest persons I've ever met - Sam, who helped us with all the check-in stuff and showed us our rooms.
Few minutes later we were having a beer on the rooftop terrace.
Denny, Nige and the MSA team work very hard to make sure that everyone is well looked after.
Even though the rooms are basic, everything you need is there and the place is spotless clean.
There is a beautiful ocean view from the rooftop and almost (depending on the clouds) every evening an amazing sunset is being served.

Every morning we had yoga classes with Jen, when she would make sure we are properly stretched and warmed up before heading down to the beach..

Surfing was great and the beach was only 5 minutes drive from the house. Our instructors were making every lesson fun and relaxed. Special thanks to Scott for all the tips and advices.

Last but not least, hard not to mention top class chef Momo and his delicious food. Every dinner was an experience itself!

Big thanks to everyone at MSA for the great time and I will definitely come back soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hey damianb822,
thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review.
Really pleased you had such a great trip. Thanks for mentioning pretty much most aspects of life at the camp & must admit the evening photo sessions of the sunsets on the lounge balcony were truly amazing.
All the very best,
Team MSA.
Penrith
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I can honestly say I have never had a warmer welcome than at Moroccan Surf Adventures.

Nige, Denny and their vibrant team make you feel like part of the family within minutes of your arrival. The location and obviously the surfing are amazing and unforgettable, but the people there really do make it a holiday to remember.

The house itself is fantastic. Room’s although fairly basic offer you all that you could need during your stay. The girls work so hard behind the scenes like little cleaning elves, resulting in the place always looking spotless and running like a well-oiled machine!

The food is wonderful, traditional and you are never left feeling hungry or disappointed with the variety and portion sizes! (Thanks Momo- You are a legend!)

I had mixed feelings initially about taking part in the yoga as in the UK I never took to it, but I gave it a go and with the encouragement I needed from Jen I was hooked for the whole week (bar two morning’s due to a bad head! :o) ) Jen really makes it link in with the surfing and you finish the session just as the sun is rising, leaving you feeling relaxed and ready for a day of pop up's!

Surfing was fantastic. Sott, Siyid and Rasheed had both me and my cousin (who have never surfed before) standing up on a board within a few hours! They are really top blokes and don’t let you give up, giving you the encouragement (Kick up the butt!) as and when you need it.

If there are no waves or you fancy some time out from the sea and sand; Denny, Nige or Sam will go out of their way to organise other things for you to do or see. We went into Agadir with some of the other guests one afternoon when the surf died down and had a Hammam and full body massage which was an experience I won’t forget (for many reasons! lol!) and on our last day Sam (also in house sports Physio!) took time out to take us to paradise valley. IT WAS AWSOME! Not going to go into too much detail as you need to experience it all yourself.

All in all the whole package makes for a holiday you won’t forget and will leave you wanting to stay longer. You can go as a group, couple or solo and still fall in love with the place and the people. I know I did. I made some truly lovely friends that I won’t forget and plan on returning as soon as financially possible! Thanks again to all at Moroccan Surf Adventures!

Room Tip: You will be allocated a room on your arrival that fits your needs completely. All of the rooms in bo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
dennybond, Owner at Moroccan Surf Adventures, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hey Maryanne A,
Thanks for taking the time to write your really relaxing review.
All the talk of yoga, hamam's, full body massages & trips to Paradise Valley just makes me feel like indulging myself.
Super pleased you made the most of all that one can participate in on a surf holiday to Moroccan surf adventures.
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was my first ever visit to Morocco. I genuinely couldn't have had a better time. It was a fantastic way to see the country and search for good waves at the same time.The accommodation was great, the food was unbelievable and the guides were so warm and welcoming. The staff were all super friendly from the minute we arrived. The thing that made our stay at MSA better than we could have imagined was the fact that these guys don't hesitate to go out of their way to help. Sam unfortunately had the job of removing sea urchins from my feet. Scott before you know it set up his own mini training academy one evening. Denny was an absolute legend, he got the short straw driving me and my girl friend over an hour away to the nearest hospital, on what's meant to be your last day to relax before flying home the next day. There were eight of us staying in our group and all of us cant wait to come back!!!

Hey 191leo,
Thanks for taking the time to write your " Terminator - esque review "
" I'll be back….. "
As lady luck would have it, the day we chose to take all of the guest on a safari trip into the south your girlfriend has an unfortunate surfing accident. Luckily she was fine & continued having a great holiday.
Next time she visits we will all stay in front of the camp surfing….hehe.
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I booked this trip sight unseen, sort of a last minute get away. I knew I wanted good surf in a unique location, and this place far exceeded my expectations. The website is very accurate (you never know nowadays, but this place is LEGIT!).

Their hospitality is without equal, everyone there makes you feel at home and goes out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. It truly is like visiting family, their main focus is to take care of you, and I think they really enjoy what they do, and it shines through in the vibe and the service.

I was traveling alone but met many nice friends there. They have it all: great Yoga (Jennifer was super nice and helpful for this beginner!), physical therapy/massage (Sam, a super cool guy and very smart, takes care of this and other administrative tasks. I'm not exactly sure what all is offered, but my surf mate had a massage to help with some sore muscles and was raving about how well he felt the next day we went out).
Food !!!! (Momo, the house chef and reigning ping pong champion is super cool and provides the most delightful and creative meals - you will NOT go hungry here), Surf guides - Hisham was our main guide, and all of the guides go out of there way to make sure you find the right spot. We even got a flat tire one day, but that was no problem, he had that thing fixed while we ate our lunch and we didn't miss a set!!!!!! What a cool guy.

The entire staff is great, I can't list them all but I am very grateful. I will definitely return, next time with my 2 boys. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I would definitely bring my boys there now that I have experienced their hospitality. We had all ages there, from the 26 year old rippers and beginners to the 52 year old cruisers, everyone seems to just mesh very well here. It is all about the family / vibe / fun / SURFING.

Keep up the good work Nige and crew, and hopefully I will see you all again soon.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be good to me. The staff is very responsive and makes sure everyone is happy!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hey Ormond SurfTraveler,
Thanks for writing this very truthful review,
You have accurately legitimised our business with your kind words. As an old cruiser surfer myself also with 2 boys, it would be an absolute pleasure introducing your boys into the fold.
On a separate note thanks for mentioning our newest team member & in house physio Sam, the man with healing hands.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just had an amazing week at Moroccan Surf Adventures with my boyfriend. I had never surfed before, he had, but had a perfect week that fitted with both our skill (or lack of skill in my case) levels. Food was wonderful - thanks MoMo! Surf lessons were fantastic - thanks Scott, Rasheed and Sayid! And the atmosphere was so friendly and welcoming. The morning yoga classes with Jen are a must, brilliant for stretching out those tired muscles. Met the most lovely people too. There was a good mix of couples, small groups and individuals.The rooms were clean and comfortable. Great location for heading down to the beach and the surf. And if you don't want to surf all the time, there are other activities too. We went for a traditional hammam and massage, and took a trip to the souk in Agadir to but about 2kg of spices. The local mosques are very punctual with their morning call to prayer, so if you're a light sleeper maybe take ear plugs. But I wake up that early anyway and my boyfriend slept right through everyday. All in all, brilliant holiday and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hey Beebebsbethan,
Thanks for taking the time to put your great review together.
What i really like about this review is that you mention the other guests who were staying at the time of your visit.
You guys, our guests, make the difference, taking in the ambience we set & getting down to the business of mingling & enjoying each others company making our jobs so much easier.
Thank you guys, its appreciated.
All the very best & see you in two months !
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

As a group of friends looking for a week away on a budget this was brilliant. Having been travelling in Egypt and India, I was really impressed with the quality of the rooms for the price, basic but well maintained and clean. The whole team really are so friendly and welcoming right from the very beginning and do their utmost to get you the experience you want, whether you are a confident surfer or a complete newbie (like us!). Yoga, surf instruction, equipment hire, airport transfers and some of the most delicious food all included in the price. Great fun and will hopefully be back!

Hey Helkis,
Thanks for taking the time to write your lovely review.
Its was always going to be a wonderful week when you guys made the decision to learn to surf for the 1st time.
Thanks for choosing MSA & giving us the opportunity to introduce you to the magic sport of surfing.
All the best.
Team MSA

Been to Moroccan Surf Adventures? Share your experiences!