Have recently returned from The Horn of Plenty having spent 3 nights over the New Year period. On this occasion, my wife and I were in a Garden House room where it was both warm, comfortable and affording views over the walled garden and Tamar Valley beyond. I'm fast running out of positive superlatives about this place but suffice to say, the food gets better each time we visit. During this stay, apart from the usual greetings from the friendly and professional staff, we enjoyed a chilled bottle of champagne in our room on arrival. Creams teas were served in the Drawing Room on each of the 3 days we were there. There was an excellent 3 course dinner on Sunday, 30th Dec followed and topped by a Champagne reception and Gourmet 6 course dinner on New Year's Eve. It did not end there! New Year's Day brought a 5 course tasting menu with delightful matching wines. These meals on top of the customary excellent Horn of Plenty breakfasts. The food is always a delight and Scot's menus, artistry continue to amaze us. Such is the standard of this Hotel/Restaurant that people who stayed this year have already muted that they will be back next. Surely this is an accolade of the highest degree. Book now to avoid disappointment!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded "Small Hotel of the Year" in the 2014 Devon Tourism awards, The Horn of Plenty has been thrilling guests for over 40 years with some of the South West's very best food, drink and accommodation. This small Country House Hotel and Restaurant stands high on a hill, overlooking 5 acres of beautiful gardens and wild orchards, and beyond that, the breathtaking scenery of the Tamar Valley. 16 Stylishly furnished en-suite bedrooms offer outstanding comfort and luxury. Most have balconies overlooking the valley. The restaurant was awarded double gold in the 2014 "Taste of the West" awards, and "Best Fine Dining Restaurant in Devon" for 2012. It has 2 AA rosettes for outstanding food, with local provenance high on the agenda. Service is everything you'd hope for: warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful, yet always professional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, LateRooms, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Horn of Plenty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Gulworthy
- Horn Of Plenty Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Gulworthy, Devon