“Wonderful Farm” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Farms, Ranch & Farm
ridgewell
“Wonderful Farm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

What a treasure we have on our doorstep, our whole family visited the farm at the weekend and had the time of their lives, cuddling and feeding lambs, calves, pigs,goats and much much more. We will all be going back very soon. Well done x

Visited April 2012

Great Dunmow
“Magical Farm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

My daughter had her 5th birthday party at the farm last year and despite torrential rain in July it was a huge success. The children all had a wonderful time and the tour as usual was just magical.

The family who run the farm and their staff are all really helpful and friendly and understand what makes children tick. They are patient and welcoming.

We visit the farm often Ann this year will be no exception. My daughter has asked for her 6th birthday party to be at the farm too!

Excellent value for money.

Visited July 2011
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Best Farm visit - ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

My son was invited to a childrens party at Boydells Dairy Farm today and what a great time we had!! Farmer Kiley is very funny and engaging for all ages, his tour was great with lots of information for the adults and the kids (ages 3 - 6 ish!). The tour is very hands on and my 3 year old thoroughly enjoyed feeding the goats, llama, donkey, ponies, chickens, cows and calves and his favourite feeding was giving the lambs a bottle of milk, we were all thoroughly entertainede watching the pigs chase Farmer Kiley around the pig pen at feeding time. The children all enjoyed the cart ride pulled along by the lovely pony Jigsaw. This farm does not look like your average tourist farm and that is the real charm of it being a real working farm. The experience of this farm though is far superior to the normal farm attractions!! I will be returning next year with my family as there is something here for all ages and if you take a picnic there is a lovely area to eat and enjoy the view and the Farm stream.......a spare set of clothes for the kids is a must as the rope swing over the stream can end with wet clothes but lots and lots of laughter. What a lovely place. Thanks to the Threadgold family you have a little gem there...keep up the good work and see you next year.

Visited September 2011
Essex
9 attraction reviews
“Excellent and hands on”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

I found this via Trip Advisor so think it's right to also add my positive experience here. My four year old and I went along today and I was really impressed by how much he was encouraged to do (holding chicks, milking a cow, feeding a lamb, leading a pony) and how friendly this small farm is. We'll be going back.

Visited May 2011
essex
3 attraction reviews
“Educational and funny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Had a great day out with one of the grandchildren at Boydells Dairy Farm, the tour guide took us for a look round at the different animals and made it so interesting and funny, I think we all learnt something. They have a cart ride for 50p .Entrance was £5 adult and £4 children, great value for money, will go again, definately! with the other grandchildren!

Visited April 2011