Only called in for tea & coffee whilst walking back to Paterdale. We received a friendly welcome and sat on the terrace overlooking Ullswater. It was a sheer delight to discover, as I had hoped, that a simple request delivered an exceptional pot of leaf Earl Grey tea and a smooth tasteful cappuccino, the biscuit selection just melted away, literally as we tasted the mouthwatering flapjack and crispy yet light shortbreads. Our only regret is that we had eaten a large breakfast and couldn't eat any more. In the world of country house hotels I have always heard that Sharrow Bay led the way, it's good to know my education was sound and the seven mile walk was worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sharrow Bay is unique; the epitome of English country living in an unrivalled location surrounded by snow-topped mountains and fells, right on the shores of Lake Ullswater, widely regarded as the most beautiful lake in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Sharrow Bay Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharrow Bay Country Hotel
- Sharrow Bay Country Penrith
- Sharrow Bay Country House Hotel Pooley Bridge, England