I went with a group of 11 to Orquidea del Sur for the last leg of a week-long trip to Nicaragua. Overall, the our stay was excellent. We were there for three nights over Thanksgiving and had an amazing time. We received excellent service and had the whole place to ourselves which, for a group of 11, was really nice. The spot is a cool mix of a bed and breakfast, luxury home, and hotel, with a huge, multi-level outside area for lounging, hammocking, relaxing at the bar, relaxing at the pool, and just relaxing. Did I mentioned it's relaxing?
The pristine beach in front of the Orquidea del Sure is an easy 10 min walk or quick drive if you have a car. The beach is gorgeous and during our stay we literally saw only a few other people on the beach at any given time. If you like to surf, especially if you're a beginner, this is a great place for you.
Overall, a place I definitely recommend and would go back to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orquidea Del Sur, a casually elegant tropical boutique B&B for the discriminating traveler, has 5 well appointed suites (kitchenette, hot running water, air conditioners and fans), each with a porch and spectacular view of the Pacific shores of Playa Yankee, a premier surfing beach. Immaculate gardens flow around, two infinity pools, connecting waterfall, rancho, conversation fire pit, and the main house’s conversation lounge, dining, billiard, and library areas. An incredible collection of venues to relax and enjoy, in the ambiance of your own tranquil and secure resort, the perfect mix of sun, sea and sky that will encourage you to sit back, enjoy, and create the experience of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Orquidea del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orquidea Del Sur Hotel Playa Yankee
- Orquidea Del Sur Nicaragua/Playa Yankee