We just returned from a week at Orquidea del Sur. Our group of 12 was able to reserve the entire B&B and it was an unbelievably memorable trip. We were traveling with my 94 and 88 year old in- laws, and Robert, Joanne and the staff took such good care of them and our whole party. The young people Robert employs were uniformly sweet and helpful, and made it so enjoyable for my elderly suegros (in-laws in spanish). The home and grounds are even prettier than in the pictures. The grounds are so well thought out, with many beautiful little shaded, private areas to lay on a hammock and read in the shade, and the pool area is the nicest I've ever experienced. The rooms are sparkling clean and comfortable, with gigantic bathrooms. The communal breakfasts every morning were great, with the best fresh fruit and juice, eggs, bacon and gallo pinto (rice and beans), all graciously served by the wonderful Martha. There is internet access so we could stay connected, but no TV (which we did not miss, at all). Nights are exceptionally dark, peaceful and beautiful. Yankee beach was very pretty, the water almost 80 degrees, and good for surfing/boogie boarding. Mostly we had the huge beach all to ourselves. What a week we had!
Robert and Joanne are very knowledgeable and helpful, and arranged a boat trip, horseback riding, and gave good directions (we found driving and directions the most challenging part of Nicaragua, but we did it (hundreds of miles), even at night, and survived:). Getting up to the home in our rented 4x4 was fun in itself; a rugged trip up the last 1/8 of a mile or so, but worth the effort!
We loved Nicaragua, and Robert and his staff, his home and his/their help made the trip a mix of luxury, beauty, cultural learning, excitement and rich experiences. It was the trip of a lifetime for me and my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orquidea Del Sur, a casually elegant tropical boutique B&B for the discriminating traveler, has 5 well appointed suites (kitchenette, hot running water, air conditioners and fans), each with a porch and spectacular view of the Pacific shores of Playa Yankee, a premier surfing beach. Immaculate gardens flow around, two infinity pools, connecting waterfall, rancho, conversation fire pit, and the main house’s conversation lounge, dining, billiard, and library areas. An incredible collection of venues to relax and enjoy, in the ambiance of your own tranquil and secure resort, the perfect mix of sun, sea and sky that will encourage you to sit back, enjoy, and create the experience of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Orquidea del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orquidea Del Sur Hotel Playa Yankee
- Orquidea Del Sur Nicaragua/Playa Yankee