“Great service, beautiful view” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 restaurants in Indian
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Outstanding little restaurant just outside of Anchorage. Featured the best oysters (fresh Alaskan) I've ever had in my life -- and I've had lots of oysters!
Chattanooga, TN
“Great service, beautiful view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Right across the highway from Cook Inlet, it seems every table in the restaurant has a beautiful view! The service is wonderful and the servers friendly. Pepe's wife's son was our waiter. Pepe also came out to check on us mid-meal.

Our party's entrees included steak as well as two type of halibut entrees. All was delicious. The crab stuffed halibut with hollandaise was the hands-down winner though! It was actually topped with crab, not stuffed, but the outcome was fantastic.

We were asked about four times if we had a Groupon, which made us wish we'd had one!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“Elegant and Wonderful Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Between Girdwood and Anchorage on the Seward Hwy lies a gem that if you are not careful, you will drive right by. We were staying in Girdwood and wanted to get out of the small town, so we drove toward Anchorage to check out the area to find another restaurant. We were enjoying the mountains and watching the water in the inlet, but almost missed Pepe's.

Pepe is from Madrid and has a wonderful variety of flavors and dishes. The staff is friendly and professional. It is a white tablecloth restaurant and I felt a little underdressed, but the food was amazing and the view was too. We took 2 kids there and they do have 1/2 orders for kids on pasta dishes. It was definitely a nice dinner date out restaurant for the locals.

Visited June 2012
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We just spent our anniversary dinner at this restaurant using their paella Groupon. What a complete disappointment! We thought since the owner was from Madrid this would be an authentic experience. The three "tapas" were pathetic and so small even for a tapa. One was canned black olives, and though there appeared to be an attempt of some red sauce (out of a can too?) it just tasted like black olives out of a can. The second was three bean salad from a jar with black beans added. Seriously folks, as a Spaniard the owner should be embarresed to serve these as tapas. The third was a dollop of potatoe salad which could at least be considered a tapa and seemed like they actually made it in house. But it was still very boring. The paella came on a huge platter and looked lovely! Unfortunately, some of the rice was not cooked and made any bite unpleasant. It was like chewing on chalk. There was quite a variety of seafood, but it seemed over cooked (likely reheated) and not fresh. We could not eat the leftovers it was so bad. The flan for desert was good. It is obvious you cut corners where ever you can and have no respect for the food or your diners. I'm sorry I gave you a second chance. Never again! ( this same review also appears for Turnagain House as it is the same restaurant)

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent fine dining with a wonderful view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic and friendly service. Food was excellent. I had the Turnagain Chicken and my wife had the blue cheese filet. Both were very delicious. A bit spendy but not unreasonably so. Worth the price.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palmer, Alaska, United States
“NOT GOOD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stopped buy Pepe's on our way back from the Penisula with our Groupon. One of the items we could order was no longer on the menu so I asked our server if I could order something else and was told I could, so I ordered halibutt cheeks. When our food came there were not cheeks on my plate instesd the cool made the item that was no longer on the menu and did not ask our server to let me know. Then our desert was cheesecake and it was the lumpiest crap I have ever tasted. I will never visit Pepe's nore recomend it to anyone. I would rather send them down the road to the Double Musky or Maxines. So glad I used the groupon to learn this place sucks

• Visited June 2012