“FABULOUS RELAXATION AT KARMA BAY” 5 of 5 stars

Tryall Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Rte. A1, Sandy Bay, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandy Bay
Middleton, Massachusetts
“FABULOUS RELAXATION AT KARMA BAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

I took my whole family to Tryall based on a friends recommendation. It was better than advertised. Karma Bay is right on the edge of the sea. The setting was fantastic. The cool breeze off of the water kept the 85 degree days very comfortable. As a grandparent, the trip included my children and grandchildren. Every one of us had the best vacation. The grandkids loved the pool. My son and I golfed almost every day on the great Tryall course, The location was great but the stars of the week were the service and meals that the staff at this Villa provided for all of us. Every night at dinner we all just marveled at how great everything was. We told the cook what we wanted (chicken, beef, pork) and she decided how to prepare it. Every meal was 5 star. As you can tell from my enthusiasm while writing this, I wish that I was still there. I got back on May 11th and it's the 13th when I'm writing this. I can't wait to go back. The location is about 30 minutes from Montego Bay so it's close enough to venture there if you want. Suffice to say that our vacation was the best of the best because of the combination of the villa and it's location, and the staff and the golf. On a scale of 1-10 it's a 15. No, I'm not being paid to say this. It's truly how I, and my entire family, feel. I hope this helps you make your decision. Enjoy.

Mike from Boston

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Avon by the Sea, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed at the Tryall for 5 nights, and found it to be the most amazing place we have ever stayed. We stayed in the Reef House, which is right on the water. We could walk right out of our house and snorkel. I know why they call it the Reef House. The best reefs in all of Jamaica are right off the property here. We saw so many tropical fish, sting rays, octopus, squid, lion fish, etc.. The staff was amazing, and really made the vacation special. The kids stayed occupied, and had a great time. But I do have to say, if you have very active teens, who are not in to golf or tennis, there's not a lot for teenagers to do. My kids enjoyed the beach and the pool, we kayaked and sailed, right off the property, and they golfed a few times. But other than that, it was just relaxing in pure bliss.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

I spent my family vacation at Sea Salt Villa in Tryall Club with my kids and grand kids, ages 2-11. Each year we vacation at a different place, the kids up until this vacation enjoyed the Disney cruises. But the week at Sea Salt far exceeded any other- hands down! First, the Sea Salt staff are amazing which in addition to the beautiful premises made the stay so spectacular. There was plenty for the kids to do, everything from scavenger hunts to snorkeling to kayaking and bird watching. Everyday they they chose a different activity with TJ who is on staff at Tryall Club and he really knows his stuff! Although Chef Norman at Sea Salt is an amazing chef, we dined in the gazebo one night at the end of the pier and the experience was magical. I met with the Chef at Tryall Club the day before to plan the menu. The food was unbelievable, the wine was excellent and the sunset on the water- to die for! We will return to Tryall and we will stay only at Sea Salt. My husband and I have traveled to over 80 countries so have many experiences with which to compare. Tryall is worth every penny
plus some!

• Stayed April 2011
Washington, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Tryall Club is one of the best vacation spots I've had the privilage to visit. The club is beautiful, the staff is friendly, the golf course and caddies are first class, and there is a ton to do down at the ocean. I reccomend it to anyone who hasn't had the chance to visit.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to attend a gathering of old college friends at the Seafore Villa at the Tryall Club. What a great experience. I didn't realize when we booked that even when not golfing, everyone travels around the club on golf carts. Nothing like grabbing a cold red stripe and jumping in your golf cart to head down to the beach and play some pick-up volleyball. It is its own little self-contained paradise, so leave your stress in the U.S.

The staff at Seafore were great. Alvin was always helpful and offered wonderful service. Naomi was a master chef, preparing multiple delicious courses for every meal. We got fresh fruit, and sampled local ingredients and dishes that you typically do not find in the States. Our rooms were kept immaculately clean, which is a huge compliment if you saw all the messes we made.

A few guys golfed; i did not. There is plenty to do and see, even if golf isn't your thing: beautiful surroundings and everything you could want in a relaxing vacation in the carribean. Thanks Seafore staff and Tropical Islands Retreats for the best vacation. ever.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

From the moment we left the airport until we returned, the Tryall Club (and Seafore villa staff) provided our group with every component of a perfect luxury vacation. The accommodations were clean, comfortable, and included all of the "little things" that make for a pleasant trip. The staff was friendly and went above and beyond in every aspect of the job. The grounds of the club are immaculate and stunningly beautiful. It was a pleasure to just drive around in our golf cart to explore. The beach (and activities that are available: volleyball, lacrosse, snorkeling, sailing, basketball, soccer, etc.) was the perfect way to spend the days and the nights at great house and poolside at the villa could not have been more enjoyable. The golf course is a full treat. If you are a golfer, definitely set aside time to play it. I could not recommend the Tryall club (and the Seafore villa where we stayed) more highly. I look forward to many visits in the future.

Room Tip: Seafore Villa = Perfect
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I came home from my stay at the Seafore in the Tryall Club and a friend asked me, "So, how was your trip"; I replied "I think it may have been the best time of my LIFE"; He then concluded, "WOW, that's saying ALOT given that you've traveled over 40 countries".

That dialogue best sums up my time at Tryall. I've seen a lot of places, experienced a lot of amazing service, seen a lot of beauty, eaten a lot of gourmet food and I can say with bold confidence that this is the most spectacular place with the most gracious service I have ever experienced.

We used Tropical Island Retreats, which is a family owned vacation service and it is so nice to have someone who cares SO MUCH about the quality of your vacation. Their assistance played a HUGE role in my trip being so phenomenal.

Room Tip: Go through Tropical Island Retreats.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Tryall Club? Share your experiences!