“fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Monte Velho Retreat Center is located in a Natural Park, very close to Algarve´s most beautiful an natural beaches. Accommodation: 14 suites, theraphy rooms, sauna, steam bath. Yoga Pavillion with sunset ocean view.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Manchester
“fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I found this place on Trip Advisor and booked the date by email. We had 7 people in the group, all Russians but gathered from around the glob (2 of us didn’t speak any English) the youngest 24 and the eldest 72. All needs were accommodated. Andreas and Antonia – hosts of holistic riding, were very considerate, patient, true horse lovers and simply great. Everybody had great time from 2 people who never been on the horse to 2 advanced riders. We took in it turn and had 2 hours trail rides not only enjoying the surroundings but also having a lesson of communication with horses. I’d love to recommend this oasis and say a huge thank you to both Andreas and Antonia. From Russia with love. Irina ♥

Visited September 2012

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
20 attraction reviews
“Good experience for our child”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Our daughter truly enjoyed the riding, and Andreas really helped her with gaining more confidence in her riding abilities. She enjoyed her time understanding the horses, as well as the hack in the surrounding areas. Thanks again Andreas, and we hope to come back again.

Visited September 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Holistic lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I took the intensive holistic lesson during my trip in Portugal two weeks ago and loved it!!! Andreas lead me patiently and gently to understand how to work with and understand the horse, through body language and energy. Importantly, he also taught me to recognize and feel the signs I was giving to the horse and that the horse in turn giving me. I am not new to horseback riding, as I started riding when I was six years old.. well, Andreas' approach and relationship with horseback riding is beautiful and I really liked it. Very grounding and inner eye opening. From the moment we started brushing the horse (Samwise :)) and doing the warmup exercises, I felt relaxed and "at home". I knew I would enjoy the lesson very much and believe me, I could have continued for another two hours at least when it was over. I highly recommend taking the lesson. Go there with an open mind and heart and you will enjoy it immensely.
The next day I took the trail ride, which was also fantastic! The nature around Monte Velho is breathtaking, such beautiful trails, distinctive fauna and so near the ocean.
Ohhh well, I really hope to go back to the Aljezur region soon and I will certainly be going back to the holistic riding centre!

Visited August 2012
North Berwick, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Family horse riding holiday .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

What an amazing week . Two beautiful souls taking such great care of us. Loved it all!! We learnt so much in such an informal and relaxed setting and felt instantly at ease with our hosts and guides Andreas and Antonia. They philosophy and relationship with their horses is so beautiful.

Visited July 2012
“One of the best experiences of my life.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Think of laying on your favourite Algarve beach sipping a cocktail and being days away from going back to work. Picture scenic mountains with a glowing sun warming your back and relaxing with your partner. Picture trotting on a horse with no saddle or stirrups holding your arms high in the air after only five minutes on the back of a stallion horse and you can just start to sum up this experience. My partner and I experienced the privilege of well delivered one to one tuition from Adrian and his partner and were treated to an experience that will live long after the sun tan has gone and the other holiday memories begin to fade. Thank you sincerely and when looking to return to the Algarve we shall be sure to book a second experience.