We stayed at Magic Reef for three nights on the second half of a quick weeklong trip that took us first to Aitutaki and then back to Rarotonga. In short, Magic Reef was exactly what we had hoped it would be. The bungalows are large, clean, private, the kitchen well-equipped, the outdoor showers were great, while the units have a/c the breeze blowing off the ocean provided Mother Nature's a/c, the grounds were very nice - great ambience, quiet, plenty of chairs for relaxing/reading (in addition to chairs on our bungalow deck), and the pool was refreshing. The sunsets were to die for; each of our three nights we enjoyed the classic South Pacific sunsets usually seen in picture books and then walked 50 yards down the beach to the Waterline Restaurant which we also highly recommend for its ambience, view, food and friendly staff. Our time at Magic Reef started with Grace meeting us at the airport, stopping at a store so we could pick up a few things, and dropoff back at the airport was also included. In fact, as we were on the 2359 flight back to LAX, we stayed at the condo until 10pm. We spent a day and a half exploring the island with the rental car we rented from Island Car Rentals just down the road. If there was one drawback, the beach isn't really good for swimming (very shallow and rocky), but most other parts of the island with better swimming right out front don't have the western exposure for the sunset or they're much more crowded. And of course the walking in either direction was great. On our island exploration we stopped at Palm Grove which has a great beach for swimming, but no pool and no sunset. We also went to Muri which felt to us like being at Disneyworld in Florida of the USA - too many people and a bit artificial. I would highly recommend Magic Reef for anyone who wants to relax and unwind in a peaceful classic South Pacific bungalow right on the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 9 Polynesian style, self-contained bungalows located right on the beach of Arorangi, with golden sunset views from each. All bungalows have sea views, romantic four poster super-king size beds, a private outdoor shower and bath, air conditioning and a ceiling fan. There is an extensive DVD and book library available. The boat-shaped pool, BBQ facilities and Petanque court invite you to relax. Complimentary use of snorkel, mask and reef shoes. Complimentary breakfast on arrival. Complimentary air transfers for direct bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Magic Reef Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magic Reef Bungalows Hotel Rarotonga
- Magic Reef Bungalows Rarotonga, Cook Islands