I. Love. This. Place. It's the sort of place that makes you want to drop your bag, settle into the hammock with a Pimms, and never leave.
I've just returned from my fifth trip to Rarotonga. I have spent many (many) hours at the Shipwreck Hut, and this time we decided to save on petrol and stay on site at the Beachside Inn instead of driving there daily. Our package included breakfasts and use of the snorkeling and paddling gear.
The location perfectly takes in the best of the island's natural delights - exceptional sunsets and very good snorkeling. There are a choice of rooms depending on how far you would like to be from the beach - 5 yards or 50 yards.
We were fortunate to be there for the Saturday night seafood BBQ which was a fun and very reasonably priced affair complete with music provided by Jake Numanga on ukelele (you'll meet him when you fly in to Raro airport).
The rooms were well-appointed with kitchens all the amenities we could have needed, and the complimentary fruit bowls were appreciated. Despite the onsite beach bar (the Shipwreck Hut), there were certainly no noise issues when it was time to sleep.
The ingredient that really makes this place so wonderful though, is the staff and owners. Stephanie and her friendly chattiness, Jan's thoughtfulness, even Jim's gruff and quirky sense of humour, and the warmth and helpfulness of the rest of the girls. It's the sort of place where you grab a cocktail, pull up a bench and end up chatting the hours away with the other guests and staff.
We will definitely be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on western sunset side of Rarotonga, on a lovely white sandy beach with all tide swimming and snorkeling. Casual beach bar on property. Serves small meals. Popular BBQ evenings with local entertainers twice weekly. 11 fully self-contained units, tastefully decorated island style. Breakfast complimentary. Free use of equipment - kayaks, paddle boards, snorkeling gear, and bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Aro'a Beachside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aro`a Beachside Hotel Arorangi
- Aro'a Beachside Inn Rarotonga, Cook Islands