The overall appearance of the resort was disappointing. There was quite a bit of maintenance work going on during our 3 night stay at the end of November, including pruning the coconut palms with a chainsaw which was not very relaxing!
The Windjammer restaurant was also closed for refurbishment so our only eating option was the Ocean's Restaurant. The food there was good, especially the Cultural evening buffet and the steak. There was a good choice of cocktails priced at $15 with $2 off before 6.30pm. The complimentary breakfast had plenty to fill you up although the croissants and pastries were rather soggy. The service was friendly although sometimes a little slow.
The pool was not very inviting as it needed a good clean. We wished we had upgraded to a private courtyard villa but arriving at the resort after 1am meant there was no-one on reception and we were shown to our garden villa by security guards!
The beach was disappointing as it is a coral reef so not good for swimming and snorkelling and kayaking is dependent on the tide. There are warnings about going too near the reef because of the currents and they advise you to wear reef shoes but don't sell them in the shop!
Our villa was spacious with a large fridge which was supplied with a jug of fresh water every day and milk for tea & coffee. The shower was roomy and very powerful and the bed was comfortable. The air-conditioning was great and easy to control, we even got too cold on the first night it was that efficient.
The room was kept clean although there were a few small insects around the bathroom sink by the third day. The turndown service was a nice touch with flowers on the bed and tea light candles.
We rented some DVDs as there were no TV channels worth watching but the picture quality was not good.
We paid $250 to keep our room until 9pm so we could freshen up as we had a late pickup.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Beach Hotel Arorangi
- Crown Beach Resort And Spa
- Crown Beach Resort
- Hotel Crown Beach
- Crown Beach Resort Rarotonga
- Crown Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cook Islands leading luxury beachfront romance resort on Rarotonga's sunset coast...an exclusive haven for only 42 couples. 5 acres of manicured gardens, 100 meters of icing sugar beach, a crystal clear lagoon, 3 restaurants & bars, day spa & beauty clinic, gymnasium, scuba dive centre, conference & business centre, 3 wedding coordinators, 15 swimming pools + 9 spa pools...so much more than meets the eye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Crown Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.