Sunset resort is in a handy location, is set right on a beautiful beach with great snorkeling and the room was very clean and tidy. We stayed in a poolside studio (top floor) and we had minimal noise and the room was nice and had a balcony overlooking the pool area. Cocktail happy hour at the drumbeat bar also very good. There is a bus stop right outside for getting around the island.
The only down side was that the food in the on site restaurant was pretty average compared to some other resorts, It's worth going to much nicer restaurants nearby. But dont let this put you off, the resort itself is great value for money and we enjoyed our stay
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- The Sunset Hotel
- Sunset Resort Rarotonga
- The Sunset Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Resort is idyllically situated on the sheltered western side of the island only minutes from Avarua township. The secluded beachfront location provides guests with an unspoilt view of Rarotonga’s crystal clear aqua blue lagoon and breathtaking sunsets. This personally managed, privately owned resort has an intimate atmosphere that will make every guest feel welcome and ensure they experience the magic of Rarotonga and its people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Sunset Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.