Just got home, from a relaxing & fun break at the Puaikura 2 bedroom beach bungalow which is managed by Puaikura Reef Lodge.The 'A' frame house felt as if it had just been painted and was nice and clean. It's opposite a small shop which had the neccessary groceries and was down the street from Puaikura Reef Lodges, although 500mts may be stretching it, not that it mattered there's a phone so you could speak to the loverly Jaz or Lotu at reception and these Polynesian Princesses, made it happen. The house had all the basic equipment you could need even its own BBQ, lawns, garden furniture and loungers plus a car port to keep our rented transport cool, a good stereo would of helped though the friendly neighbours may not agree.
The beach is connected to the lawn under the coconut palms, not really a swimmers beach but hey, that ain't the hotels fault! but we spent hours supping Tequila while eating steak from the barby and watching the breakers on the reef. (sure we saw a couple of whales) If the roosters would stay still long enough you could even have fresh chicken.
The hospitality started from the moment we were met by the lodges airport transfer driver Leman !!!
If you want carpets and air-con spend $1,000s and go somewhere else !!!!!!
Reggae on Raro, Respect.................
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puaikura Reef Lodges is ideally situated on the sheltered south west side of Rarotonga. Located 50m away from a sparkling white sandy beach and crystal blue lagoon. The beach is ideal for swimming and snorkeling. This family friendly property has 13 spacious 1 bedroom and studio units with kitchenettes and private balconies. Facilities include, booking office, swimming pool, bbq area, honesty bar, library, snorkeling equipment, and general store/internet facilities next door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Puaikura Reef Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puaikura Reef Hotel Arorangi
- Puaikura Reef Lodges Rarotonga, Cook Islands