What a great find - we loved the Manuia Beach Resort - small enough to be friendly and offer personal service. We stayed a week and would love to have stayed longer. The staff are fantastic and very attentive - the guests were nice too! Because the place is so small it is easy to chat to the other guests over breakfast or at the end of the day for drinks - no crowds here. The location is perfect - just ten minutes drive into town.
We stayed in a renovated room and just loved the outdoor shower and simple décor. The only downside of the room was that it was very public - anyone walking along the path could see in and even if you were on the deck you were very exposed - it just lacked a little privacy.
The restaurant was a fun place - sand floor and open to the elements. Breakfast was a little disappointing in terms of what was on offer - some fresh fruit but mostly canned. Dinner we felt was expensive at $30 for a main course - and not that tasty regardless of the dish- better value and quality elsewhere. Great sunsets though! We walked about 100metres down the road to the Waterline Restaurant - fantastic food,, great choices and for much less.
The beach has plenty of sun beds and is a relaxing spot to while away a few hours - the beach is not the best for swimming - but there is a small pool for that much needed dunk.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would return - loved the child-free policy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Polynesian Paradise at Manuia Beach Resort awaits you... Marvel at the magical sunsets over a sparkling blue lagoon, while lounging on your sheltered, white sandy beach fringed with swaying coconut palms. Wander through the tropical gardens on your way to the beach side infinity pool. Rest your elbows on the pool edge and soak in the view across the beach, through the lagoon onwards to the waves crashing on the barrier reef beyond. Sip a refreshing tropical cocktail delivered to you from the Beaches Restaurant and bar, or enjoy your Polynesian inspired meals in the restaurant while you trail your toes through the sandy floor. Manuia Beach Resort - your Cook Islands resort accommodation - is set right on the beach in private and peaceful surroundings on the sheltered sunset coast of Rarotonga. You will love the authentic Cook Islands style accommodation, with the coconut thatched suites complete with island style decor and modern amenities such as air conditioning. Walk through the sandy path down to the water and be stunned by the beauty of the poolside area. The infinity pool, Beaches Restaurant and Bar with its relaxed authentic Polynesian cuisine, loungers set invitingly facing the beautiful lagoon, and attentive local staff, will all set the stage for your dream Rarotongan get-away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Manuia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manuia Beach Boutique Avarua
- Hotel Manuia Beach Boutique
- Manuia Beach Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands