Arrived in Raratonga from Sydney at 5.30am. Booked in for 9 nights. Got into our room after lunch and it wasn't the room that we had hoped for ?? Rear windows facing clothes line, side windows facing garbage bins, potted plants and smoking fire. Door handle came off wardrobe, toilet bowl just sitting on tiles. We didn't get a renovated room like the receptionist advised us ?
The following day we got moved to a "renovated" room right outside the restaurant. Ocean views etc. Much Better !!! The managers, Alex and Loren have a really hard job on their hands.
Found 1 staff member asleep in the TV room were you get your internet reception from. Another staff member kept asking "what we were going to leave her when we left", any grog or books, ahh you don't smoke so I can't get any smokes off you" !
Had to ask for fresh towels etc, and our bed linen hadn't been changed in the 9 night's that we were there. In Fiji you work to "Fiji Time" in the Cook Islands there is "NO TIME". 30 - 45 mins for a bourbon & coke and that's if they remembered....
Hats off to Alex and Loren, doing a great job with what they have to work with. Second stage of renovations will be a quality finish by qualified builders. It's a shame the staff don't have the respect for their managers like Alex and Loren deserve.
Resort is the perfect location, 10 min scooter trip to town, bus stop right outside the entrance, good snorkelling from resort down towards other resorts. I would recommend this resort as a place to stay, especially if you book a beach front villa. Try to get a villa away from the restaurant though !!!
- Also Known As:
- Manuia Beach Boutique Avarua
- Hotel Manuia Beach Boutique
- Manuia Beach Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Polynesian Paradise at Manuia Beach Resort awaits you... Marvel at the magical sunsets over a sparkling blue lagoon, while lounging on your sheltered, white sandy beach fringed with swaying coconut palms. Wander through the tropical gardens on your way to the beach side infinity pool. Rest your elbows on the pool edge and soak in the view across the beach, through the lagoon onwards to the waves crashing on the barrier reef beyond. Sip a refreshing tropical cocktail delivered to you from the Beaches Restaurant and bar, or enjoy your Polynesian inspired meals in the restaurant while you trail your toes through the sandy floor. Manuia Beach Resort - your Cook Islands resort accommodation - is set right on the beach in private and peaceful surroundings on the sheltered sunset coast of Rarotonga. You will love the authentic Cook Islands style accommodation, with the coconut thatched suites complete with island style decor and modern amenities such as air conditioning. Walk through the sandy path down to the water and be stunned by the beauty of the poolside area. The infinity pool, Beaches Restaurant and Bar with its relaxed authentic Polynesian cuisine, loungers set invitingly facing the beautiful lagoon, and attentive local staff, will all set the stage for your dream Rarotongan get-away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Manuia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.