Our room was 3 rows back from the beach front chalets. This left us with a 25 yard (!!) walk to the beach front decking, restaurant/bar and of course the beach itself!
Being on the way home from New Zealand having been with 3 grand children for 5 weeks, Manuia Beach was chosen mainly because children are not welcomed. This is not to say we don't love the little ones dearly but apart from anything else there would be precious little for them to do which is why families tend to opt for Muri which is about as perfect a family environment that we have yet seen.
Refurbishment is proceeding apace with attention being paid to all aspects of the resort - particularly the outside showers (!), which are magical, and the landscape management generally with their own plant nursery burgeoning at the rear.
It seems that the new owners have been in place for about a year. From the looks of the remaining rooms to be done the work should be completed in a relatively few weeks. This refurbishment work did not impact on our enjoyment at all.
Although away from the town there was no feeling of isolation as a car/scooter hire company is located across the road and there are buses regularly on the hour.
The managers - Loren & Alex - are extremely efficient and have engaged a staff who were extremely attentive and passed on to us the relaxed but sincere nature of the Cook Islanders.
Excellent optional "Cook Island Entertainment" is laid on daily
But for the distance we would become regulars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Polynesian Paradise at Manuia Beach Resort awaits you... Marvel at the magical sunsets over a sparkling blue lagoon, while lounging on your sheltered, white sandy beach fringed with swaying coconut palms. Wander through the tropical gardens on your way to the beach side infinity pool. Rest your elbows on the pool edge and soak in the view across the beach, through the lagoon onwards to the waves crashing on the barrier reef beyond. Sip a refreshing tropical cocktail delivered to you from the Beaches Restaurant and bar, or enjoy your Polynesian inspired meals in the restaurant while you trail your toes through the sandy floor. Manuia Beach Resort - your Cook Islands resort accommodation - is set right on the beach in private and peaceful surroundings on the sheltered sunset coast of Rarotonga. You will love the authentic Cook Islands style accommodation, with the coconut thatched suites complete with island style decor and modern amenities such as air conditioning. Walk through the sandy path down to the water and be stunned by the beauty of the poolside area. The infinity pool, Beaches Restaurant and Bar with its relaxed authentic Polynesian cuisine, loungers set invitingly facing the beautiful lagoon, and attentive local staff, will all set the stage for your dream Rarotongan get-away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Manuia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manuia Beach Boutique Avarua
- Hotel Manuia Beach Boutique
- Manuia Beach Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands