We had a fantastic stay in Rarotonga even with it raining the majority of our stay. This place was a great value and an added bonus was the management and staff were helpful, kind and friendly. I highly recommend it!
They are in the process of remodeling all of the rooms and the newly finished ones look really nice from the peaks I stole as I walked by. On the topic of remodeling, there really wasn't that much noise that we could hear, even with them starting work on the room next to ours. If you are a late sleeper, past 830am, it may be a slight annoyance... really nothing major though, as they really do make a noted effort to keep quite.
Highlights of our stay:
-less than 20 steps from the beach and we weren't even in a beach front (we couldn't see the beach from our room but it was so close it didn't matter).
-outside shower!! It was some what of a novelty for me.
-scooter rental directly across the street and bus stop out front.
-great restaurant on site with great poolside drinks!
-Comfy beach chairs.
-nice pool and beach
-best management/staff we could have asked for with tons of great advice
-Management happy hour/mingle time.
-scuba trials in the pool
Things to take in to account:
-it's island lifestyle, really laid back, keep it in mind if you plan to travel the Cook Islands.
-We stayed at three places throughout the Cook Islands, all of them had extra firm beds. This hotels bed was particularly hard on my back, but it may be an issue solved with the remodel.
-taxis to/from the airport are soooo expensive for the short distance it is! Plan on taking the bus if you are tight on cash.
Hope you enjoy your stay in the islands, It will be a vacation you'll never forget!
- Also Known As:
- Manuia Beach Boutique Avarua
- Hotel Manuia Beach Boutique
- Manuia Beach Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Polynesian Paradise at Manuia Beach Resort awaits you... Marvel at the magical sunsets over a sparkling blue lagoon, while lounging on your sheltered, white sandy beach fringed with swaying coconut palms. Wander through the tropical gardens on your way to the beach side infinity pool. Rest your elbows on the pool edge and soak in the view across the beach, through the lagoon onwards to the waves crashing on the barrier reef beyond. Sip a refreshing tropical cocktail delivered to you from the Beaches Restaurant and bar, or enjoy your Polynesian inspired meals in the restaurant while you trail your toes through the sandy floor. Manuia Beach Resort - your Cook Islands resort accommodation - is set right on the beach in private and peaceful surroundings on the sheltered sunset coast of Rarotonga. You will love the authentic Cook Islands style accommodation, with the coconut thatched suites complete with island style decor and modern amenities such as air conditioning. Walk through the sandy path down to the water and be stunned by the beauty of the poolside area. The infinity pool, Beaches Restaurant and Bar with its relaxed authentic Polynesian cuisine, loungers set invitingly facing the beautiful lagoon, and attentive local staff, will all set the stage for your dream Rarotongan get-away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Manuia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.