We were wondering if there would be any problems with our complimentary pick-up from the airport as we flew in on a small inter-island flight rather than the more usual international one, but we were picked up and dropped right at our villa - check-in at the front office when you are ready - a very relaxed approach.
We were in Villa 14 towards the back of the property and it was extremely roomy and comfortable. Probably about 3 & a half star, nudging 4 star quality in my view. Very comfortable bed, fully equipped kitchenette and plenty of space to spread out. Not a huge amount of cupboard space, but a good amount of hanging space in the main bedroom. Since there were 2 extra single beds in the main part of the villa that we weren't using we just opened our cases up on those.
The main bedroom is air conditioned (set to 25C) - the nights were a bit cooler than that when we were there so we didn't have it on, just used the ceiling fan.
Bathroom was fairly large, with a separate toilet and a wet area style shower. Bathroom seemed to be the only part of the villa that hadn't been refurbished fairly recently.
We particularly enjoyed meeting the other guests at the included breakfast and at the 4.30pm "happy hour" when cocktails were on offer - very generous measures in those cocktails!
A couple of cafes & restaurants close by and the bus stop is right outside the property. Good snorkelling right across the road and the marine reserve stars about 200 metres along the beach.
Vicky, the office manager was very helpful with advice on what to see & do & arranging things. All the staff were very friendly and helpful - happy to chat if you showed an interest in doing so. Even have friendly cats & dog on site!
WiFi internet for a fee. TV in the breakfast area, but only on at breakfast & cocktail time.
A very quiet place to stay* (* if you don't mind feral roosters and barking geckos)
A great base to enjoy Rarotonga, I'd be very happy to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagoon Breeze Villas is a self catering property located on the south‐west coast of Rarotonga. The 3.5 acre property offers 18 spacious villas set in a lush garden setting, just across the road from its own stunning white sand beach. The villas present spacious home away from home living with full kitchens and air conditioning. The Breakfast Cafe serves daily tropical breakfast and provides a happy hour bar service in the evenings. The fresh water swimming pool with a smaller paddling pool for young children provides a quiet spot to relax. Lagoon Breeze Villas is a great option for families, couples and groups of friends seeking a safe, secluded and self catering accommodation on Rarotonga. The property is located just a few minutes walk from shops, restaurants and the nearby mini-putt golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lagoon Breeze Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagoon Breeze Villas Hotel Arorangi
- Lagoon Breeze Villas Rarotonga, Cook Islands