We have just returned from 8 days at the Edgewater. We arrived and had a garden Room and asked if we could have a room with a view and were given the keys to a room on the first floor right on the beach, view over the sea.No questions or problems. They are slightly older units, but the great thing is you dont have to worry about sandy feet etc. They are in perfect condition and the bathrooms are great. previous reviews had suggested otherwise so we were a little nervous. No dripping taps, bouncy beds (just like the James Cook in Wellington) daily room servicing, all the staff are lovely and nothing is too much trouble, restaurant staff love to have a chat too. Breakfast is 5 cereals, fruit and yogurt, toast and muffins . but you can upgrade to cooked for $10 Frankly the last thing we felt like was bacon and eggs in the lovely warm mornings.
We could only hear the sound of the surf on the reef all night .. bliss .. so never heard any roosters or planes .. we did hear and see the roosters and chickens all around the gardens arriving and leaving our room but they never woke us. Oh and sure, the fitness centre is pretty skimpy but its so much nicer to exercise out in the fresh air and swim at Muri Lagoon and walk on the beach in the evenings and eat fresh caught fish and fruit :-)
We went to a few other resorts and they are much smarter but we felt we could not wander around in our jandals and be as relaxed .. and frankly the food at the many (non resort) restarurants is sooo great we would rather spend the money eating out.
Just Juice was $10 for 3 litres so take juice .. and dips and crackers and wine .. byo at one restaurant was $8 but still cheaper than buying from their wine list.
You can buy tickets to the Edgewater Island Night for the show only for $15 if you dont want the whole roast buffet thing .. and just eat from the main menu out under the stars and then go inside when the dancing is about to start. The dancers there are great.
Take your own reef shoes and snorkel and mask .. you dont need flippers .. then you can go all over the island.. Snorkelling ( and we did a LOT best opposite The Dive Shop just before the Rarotonga) and at the Edgewater is good too.
Ask for a room in the 400 block :-) Right on the seafront, queen and a single bed, fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the sea.
- Also Known As:
- The Edgewater Hotel
- The Edgewater Resort And Spa
- The Edgewater Hotel Arorangi
- Edgewater Hotel Arorangi
- Edgewater Resort Arorangi
- Edgewater Rarotonga
- Edgewater Resort Rarotonga
- The Edgewater Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for your family holiday, dream wedding or indulgent Cook Islands honeymoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Edgewater Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.