Our small family stayed at the Edgewater resort in June & stayed in the Lagoon view room. This is the first time we have visited a tropical island & were overwhelmed by the beautiful beaches & lovely warm weather that greeted us on our arrival. We loved the resort, it was everything we expected. It was soooo neat to have everything just within metres of our room..pool, restaurant, bar, activities, "COCONUT CLUB", vehicle & scooter hirage, public transport AND we can't forget the SPECTACULAR LAGOON for swimming & snorkling. Our Children LOVED the coconut club & the breakfast!!!. I decided to do one activity on our last day & thoroughly enjoyed it & wished I had of attended more. There is so much to do at the resort that you could spend a couple of days without stepping a foot out the boundaries & have a fun packed time!. However on a few occasions when we required information from staff we felt like we were brushed off, or felt like they would not going out of their way to help us which I found very surprising & frustrating!, BUT there are loads of helpful, efficient & caring staff that you soon forget the dramas.
We ate at the restaurant a few times & found it nice but it can became expensive if you had to eat there every night. We found the roadside stalls selling food a real winner. We sampled some pretty delicious food at these stalls which we took back to our room for dinner. My favourite would have to be the a family selling umu (hangi version) out the front of their house about 1.5 - 2km down from edgewater every Wednesday 4pm for $10, complete meal for 2 adults (pork & chicked falling off the bone, island veges & a sachet of coconut cream..beautiful...) or my partners favourite the roadhouse which is about 100 metres up the road from edgewater $5 burger & $4 beers.
All I can say is forget your NZ ways & relax & remember your on island time!. We have decided to go back there again next year... I LOVED this place!
- Also Known As:
- The Edgewater Hotel
- The Edgewater Resort And Spa
- The Edgewater Hotel Arorangi
- Edgewater Hotel Arorangi
- Edgewater Resort Arorangi
- Edgewater Rarotonga
- Edgewater Resort Rarotonga
- The Edgewater Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for your family holiday, dream wedding or indulgent Cook Islands honeymoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Edgewater Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.