This was our third trip to Rarotonga with another couple, we spent 5 nights at Muri then 5 nights at The Edgewater to experience both the sunrise and sunset sides of the island.
The Edgewater is made up of older blocks of rooms as well as newer more expensive blocks of rooms. We stayed at the Aitutaki block which is older and showing signs of wear, but interior was nice. Our friends had a ground floor room and so a wall around their balcony for privacy. We had a third floor room which we were very happy with, the view out over the lagoon and of sunsets was great (room 411). The included tropical breakfast is cereal, fruit, toast, yoghurt, and muffins. There is one pool, which is quite small relative to the size of the resort which has 280 rooms. The pool was usually full of children, there is a small slide, it's great for kids. We did not use the pool due to lack of quiet space in it.
The beachfront has a barrier of huge rocks possibly to prevent erosion as we were told that loads of sand had just been brought in the previous week.
We walked along the beach at night to neighbouring properties and next time will choose a smaller property.The Edgewater is great for families with it's kids club.
The staff were very friendly with their Kia Orana's and smiles.
The on-site car rental can be very busy and they had no scooters available for us but a walk to the end of the drive enabled us to secure scooters cheaper than at the resort without queuing.
- Also Known As:
- The Edgewater Hotel
- The Edgewater Resort And Spa
- The Edgewater Hotel Arorangi
- Edgewater Hotel Arorangi
- Edgewater Resort Arorangi
- Edgewater Rarotonga
- Edgewater Resort Rarotonga
- The Edgewater Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for your family holiday, dream wedding or indulgent Cook Islands honeymoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Edgewater Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.