This is a destination resort, meaning that you are paying to be on the grounds of the hotel. It is on the grounds of a 60 acre finca which grows plantains, raises cattle, makes cheese, and are starting to grow cacao. If you intend to be out all day everyday doing something from morning to dark, this is not the best value if you are just looking for a place to sleep, but it is well worth it for couples to relax in idyllic, absolutely private surroundings. The cabanas which front the beach of Lake Colciboca with a view of Volcan Madera cost us, with tax, $132 per night (January prices). The cabanas are finely finished, with a quality of workmanship hard to find in expensive hotels in Granada. The lake water is perfect for swimming and you can watch the sun rise over Lake Colciboca from your bed. You can leep well with either AC or fan, the rooms have a small refrigerator, and the bathroom is spacious with hot water showers. A good breakfast is included in the price. Lunch and dinner are done well, but by Nicaraguan standards are costly at $12. Wi Fi does not work in the cabins, but works at one of the restored farm buildings which serves as the office and has 4 rooms. Valentina and her gringo husband are helpful with transportation or information about things to do and tours, but in the typical Nica way without a hint of the hardsell. When you compare what Finca San Juan de la Isla offers to very nice hotels in Granada or Managua the price is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Juan de la Isla offers a beautiful scenery situated on the island of Ometepe. In this shelter visitors can enjoy the serenity, comfort, outdoor activities and adventure sports that Ometepe has to offer.In this place guests can relax in an atmosphere of peace and tranquility of the old hacienda, which dates back to the late nineteenth century and is now converted into a comfortable lodge with an enchanting rural country life and the beauty of the Cocibolca coast. San Juan de la Isla offers a variety of rooms and lodging options, as can be seen below. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Finca San Juan de la Isla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca San Juan De La Isla Hotel Altagracia
- Finca San Juan De La Isla Isla De Ometepe, Nicaragua - Altagracia