“A nice hotel, shame about the noisy parties.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitfield
Northamptonshire
“A nice hotel, shame about the noisy parties.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on 21 and 22 December 2012. We liked the hotel decor and it was beautifully and tastefully decorated for the Christmas celebrations. The room was clean and comfortable. We found the majority of the staff well trained, in particular the gentleman working on the buffet on our first breakfast; he really made us feel like valued guests, his manner was impeccable and nothing was too much trouble.

The location of the hotel, although close to the main road, was perfect for us (not really disturbed by traffic noise, not even when walking around in the garden) and we liked the fact that the hotel is set in a garden, which is small but well maintained with semi-tropical plants and shrubs and would be a very pleasant spot to relax after a long journey, on a summer's day.

We were not prepared, however, for the very loud noise coming from the daily Christmas parties held in the marquee which happens to be right next to our room (234); this was pretty hard to bear until midnight (we could barely hear the television in our room, let alone get any sleep). Considering that the majority of guests staying at the hotel would have been travellers to the continent (due to its close proximity to the main ferry terminal!), ie, needing to have an early night after a long journey and having to get up early the next morning, this is pretty inconsiderate and it did spoil our stay. Also, due to these Christmas parties being held every night during our two-day stay, we had to have dinner in a partitioned-off corner of the main dining room, a room with no windows and no atmosphere (not even dinner music) and all we could hear was the constant din of the Christmas party next door, so that was pretty poor, too. Unlike the reviewers "Earplugs4me", we did not benefit from the £20.00 bargain price (but we should have done, as it might have gone some way to make us feel compensated for the inconvenience of the noise nuisance!)

Overall we would recommend this hotel and will probably stay there again in the future but not in December and I would check if any of these parties are being held before making a booking in future.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the ground floor, the building is single storey and I was told all executive rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PrabhavGupta, Front Office Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest ,
Thank you for reviewing The Ramada Dover hotel while staying with us, Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused during your arrival at the Ramada Dover . We at Ramada Dover Hotel are anxious to ensure that the highest standards of facilities and personal services are provided to our guests and your valued response assists us in our efforts to achieve this. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused during the festive season and on the party night when you stayed with us. Meanwhile I have made necessary preferences on your profile and I have also made a comment to upgrade you for your next visit and allocate a quiet room as according to your preference.
I am pleased to hear that you were looked after by staff and enjoyed your stay. We are thrilled to read that you found our services and products impeccable and you enjoyed your stay overall.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we shall welcome you soon when leisure brings you back to Dover.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Vale of Glamorgan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Lovely stay.The rooms are lovely, bathroom spotless and for a 4 star hotel we had no complaints at all. We had a buffet meal in the Restaurant, which was excellent value for money and the food was varied, hot and tasty. We were pleased with our choice and would definitely re-vist.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PrabhavGupta, Front Office Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are truly delighted to hear not only that your stay with us was enjoyable and that you were also delighted with food in our Olive Tree Restaurant.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your fantastic comments about the hotel and the location.I am pleased that you find room and facilities comfortable and that you had a comfortable stay. On your next visit with us please try our Sunday carvery with Live piano and I am sure staff at Ramada will impress you again with True Ramada Hospitality.
On behalf of all the team here wishing you all best for your future, and look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future

Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I have recently spent two nights in the Ramada hotel in Dover. We took advantage of the £20 pound per night offers. Checking in was quick and problem free.We stayed in room 217.
On entering the room, we found that the radiator thermostat was turned to max. This seems unnecessary and wasteful, and we left the window open to cool the room off, so that we could sleep in comfort.
The room and en suite were clean, but fairly compact. The bed was firm and comfortable. There was a welcome tray, with facilities for making tea and coffee, plus biscuits.There was plenty of choice on the TV, and various music on demand-rock,classic,jazz etc,as well as radio stations,which Travelodge don't seem to provide.But why no Radio 4?

The rooms are all on the ground floor, and,as I am a light sleeper, this is a good thing, as we were not disturbed by noise from the room above. However, we could hear television and conversation and other 'nocturnal activities'(read between the lines) from the adjoining room ,Only the room on one side seemed be occupied, so once our neighbours had finished their,ahem, 'bedtime routine', I was able to get a good night’s sleep. If the rooms were better insulated to avoid sound travelling through the walls,I would have awarded more points in the 'room' category.
The only other noise that disturbed us came from people and cars in the car park directly outside our room. Obviously, the only way the hotel can avoid this is not have have a car park outside the guest rooms. The hotel is situated fairly near the busy A2, but thanks to the double glazing, traffic noise was fairly subdued.
We did not make use of any of the facilities offered by the hotel. The prices on the menu seemed very expensive, and as we were meeting up with friends for dinner on both nights, we opted for a nearby restaurant, the Kittiwake, which was much cheaper. We didn’t see much evidence of the restaurant being used, although this may be because that the hotel wasn’t fully booked, and not because people were put off by the prices.
My husband used the WiFi connection, which he found to be intermittent. Not a problem for him, as he only wanted to check his e-mails; however I think it would be very difficult to conduct business over the Internet.
Although I would hesitate to spend the full price for a room, I think we had a bargain at £20 pounds per night. It made a welcome change to the local Travelodge, where we normally stay.

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for taking the time to complete your feedback and advising us of the issue you encountered during your recent stay at the Ramada Dover Hotel. The observations of our guests are of paramount importance to us and therefore your additional comments have been passed on to our Maintenance Manager who will ensure on our refurbishment plan soundproofing is mentioned and there is a remedy to it .Meanwhile I have made necessary preferences on your profile and I have also made a comment to upgrade you for your next visit and allocate a Quiet room as according to your preference.
If I can be of any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Ashford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We were staying for one night to attend a club reunion nearby. On arrival we were bombarded with offers to upgrade the room and to purchase other extras. We were informed that the coffee shop was 24 hours which we later found to be untrue. I was unable to have a coffee in the room that night or tea the next morning as there was no milk left in the room. When i mentioned this on departure there was no mention of the word sorry which as someone that has worked in a service industry for 46 years I feel to ba a very important word. This was our first stay in a Ramada and whilst the hotel itself was very good despite the very small room the level of service has not left us feeling keen to use them again. The staff could learn a lot from the people at many Premier Inns

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest ,
I thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Ramada Dover Hotel. We at Ramada Dover Hotel are anxious to ensure that the highest standards of facilities and personal services are provided to our guests and your valued response assists us in our efforts to achieve this.
I regret that your expectations were not entirely satisfied on this occasion. Should you plan your trip next time then please contact me directly at 01304821230 where i will ensure you my best attention and some special terms . Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and your comments are passed to our F&B manager .
I am glad to hear that that you liked the hotel .
On behalf of all the teams here wishing you all best for your future, and look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Arrived late at night, slight delay in checking in but no major drama. Reception staff extremely polite and very helpful.

Room was very good, nice comfortable bed and clean bathroom.

Ferry port only a short drive away.

No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PrabhavGupta, Front Office Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing The Ramada Dover while staying with us, we are truly delighted that you are enjoying your stay and would like to thank you for your fantastic comments.
I am pleased to hear that you were looked after by staff and enjoyed your stay.Please accept my apologies for the delay at check-in .We are delighted you found the, staff and the overall services outstanding. At Ramada Dover we pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and hospitality and I was delighted to hear that this was recognized .

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again when leisure brings you back to Dover.
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Lovely room, especially as we got a really good offer but was let down by the fact that you could hear the people in the next room running taps, turning on lights, talking etc...and we thought that the restaurant was way too overpriced, and drove 2 minutes down the road to eat, which we didn't really want to have to do!
Also, the free wi-fi is great, as long as you sit in a certain spot, in the lounge, in reception, as you have no hope of getting it in your room, thanks a lot!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager15814, Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor from your recent stay at the Ramada Dover. Can I first & foremost apologise for the lack of service and ettiquette you received. This is not the standard we pride ourselves on and I am mortified to know that your stay was anything but pleasant. Please rest assured that your feedback has been passed to the relevant departments to action with immediate effect
We are currently putting into place a refurbishment plan for 2013/14 when the issue of soundproofing will be addressed within the bedrroms, we are also updating our wifi server to increase the capacity, when it was 1st installed the system had the power to supply access to 1 unit per room, but as we are now discovering, guests are using up to 3 units (iPad, iPhone & laptop) per room this is reducing the coverage and the ability which we appreciate is not accpetable in today's environment, so again please accept my apologies for this.

Once again, thank you for giving me your feedback and should you be travelling in this area again, please could I ask that you contact me directly and the hotel as I would very much like to restore your confidence in the Ramada Dover Hotel

Kindest regards

Neil Lomas
Operations Manager
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here on business for one night. Always wary about trying hotels for the first time but this was definitely one of the better experiences.

Nice friendly welcome at reception, given two internet access codes for separate devices and everything pointed out to me regarding facilities. Room was fine, decent size, clean and tidy. Only negative here was the iron which I was going to use but it had something burnt on it.

Bar and restaurant were staffed by friendly, attentive smiling people, all capable of engaging in conversation and doing there job at the same time. The restaurant food was really nice - Olive Tree, which I believe is a chain - very flavoursome and not simply cheap fare piled high. Not the cheapest but not over the top. Breakfast again was good with very friendly staff, using my name which was a nice touch.

There were a couple of coach trips staying here at the same time and they all seemed happy enough.

In summary, I always look for places that I would go back to and this qualifies.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager15814, Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest

Thankyou for posting your review on Trip Advisor and the very positive comments contained therein about our hotel and my team. It is always a pleasure to read when guests have had an enjoyable experience and please rest assured that I will pass on your comments to my team and I am sure that they will be thankful for these.
As a gesture of appreciation, please could I ask that on your next visit you contact the hotel quoting your Trip Advisor reviewer ID when making a reservation to qualify for a 15% reduction on the publish price.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future and once again, many thanks for your kind sentiments

Kind regards

Neil Lomas
Operations Manager

Been to Ramada Dover? Share your experiences!