“Spectacular wedding reception” 5 of 5 stars

From: Potter, Richard A
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:10 PM
To: [--]
Subject: Potter-Price Wedding May 27, 2006

We would like to thank Kathy Marchanese and all the staff at Esperanza for a terrific job on our daughter's wedding May 27.

After over a year of planning the day was spectacular. You kept telling us that you could do almost anything making us feel this was your only event for the month. Your attention to detail made the reception flawless.

I teach professional project management and Kathy could be a case study in how to successfully manage a project. She knows how to plan, pay attention to details, and then make execution look easy while delighting the customer.

Several of our guests commented about how special the reception was, including a person who had his own catering business for several years.

A sincere thank you again to all the staff who were most responsive to any request or offer to provide that extra help.

Dick & Linda Potter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2006

My husband Bob and I can't thank the staff at The Esperanza Mansion enough. Kathy, Norm and Theresa and their staffs did an outstanding job for our Daughter Maria's and new Son Inl Law Andrew's wedding, this past weekend, Mother's Day, Saturday, May 13th. The facility is absolutely gorgeous, the grounds impeccable, the service outstanding...we were on a Magical Carpet ride all weekend long...all of our families and friends had the time of their lives...
it was an experience that we will never forget.
The food was exceptional - Cook Carlos and his staff outdid themselves.
We give the Esperanza a million A+'s.....Thank you, Kathy for always being there for any of my questions...
Fortunata and Bob Riouix

North Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2006

After researching and visiting many restaurants in Central New York we paid a visit to the Esperanza Mansion in Bluff Point New York. As we drove up the driveway we had no idea what to expect. We had seen the beautiful pictures on their web site and as we all know pictures are but part of the story. We entered the mansion by way of the parking lot and we noticed stately antique Rolls Royce parked in the back and thought wow this is neat .

We were immediately greeted by a smiling young woman whose beaming face made us feel very welcome. We then met the Events manager Kathy. She showed us around and explained the service and showed us all our options in a very business like manner providing us with clear concise options. This made the decision and easy one based on what we heard and what we tasted we had found the place.

The reception went off like clockwork the staff was wonderful going beyond the call to duty. The food was served quickly and without a notice all were served in what seemed like no time at all. The meals were as first class as the service. All of this combines with a breath taking setting which made this even the wedding by which all future weddings will be judged by 190 who attended.

I am not an easy person to impress but all at The Esperanza Mansion have not only impressed my wife and me but all of the guests who attend my daughters wedding.
We do plan in the future to return to the comfort and the hospitality of the Esperanza Mansion. Heck we need to, we felt like we had been treated more l there like friends than clients.

This is a world class facility with a world class chef I would heartily recommend it to all who choose to venture to this beautiful corner of the world

• Stayed May 2006
Albany, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

We stayed overnight/midweek in the Inn at Esperanza. Our stay was highlighted by the great views of Keuka Lake and the location in the heart of the Finger Lakes wine country. The room in the Inn was clean and spacious with a nice small patio/deck. The front desk staff were warm and inviting.

The biggest dissapointment came with the dinner included in our package. The Mansion gives the impression of fine dining. However, the quality of the food and especially the service fell far short. Both the lobster bisque and mussels were excellent. However, my filet arrived as a strip steak. Then, within literally 2 minutes, arrived as an overcooked filet. Which was promptly replaced finally with a filet cooked medium (I had ordered medium-rare but at this point...). This gives the impression of mass produced entrees. We had to ask for bread/rolls and waited at least 15 minutes before receiving a bill with an error. At every step the waitress seemed to have some illogical excuse. It's unfortunate because there is a lot of potential here.

• Stayed April 2006
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2006

This was our second trip from Rochester, New York (about an hour away) and I can say, it won't be our last. Our previous visit was in the late summer of 2005 and it was fantastic, prompting our return in February to take part in a wine getaway weekend package. The Inn was lovely and everything was delivered as promised. The real treat though is the restaurant. Service was outstanding throughout our meal. Since our timing was close to Valentines day, business was brisk but the servers were able to keep up with ease. We never lacked for anything and the courses were timed perfectly. Oh, OUR BREAD WAS WARM too! My partner indulged in the Lobster Bisque and I skipped that course to ensure room for the goodies to come. After I tried her Lobster Bisque however, I instantly regretted skipping this work of art. All I can say is the pieces of lobster were big, not overcooked and plentiful. The soup itself is so buttery, you practically melt onto the floor. We shared a salad after that, because we had seen other patrons order salad and they are huge! Ours was filled with lots of crisp veggies and fresh tender avacado. My partner chose a Sea Bass entree that she felt was done to perfection and I had a filet that was cooked exactly to my specifications. Portions were large and filling, mashed potatoes were perfectly seasoned and veggies were cooked "just right". We did not partake in dessert because we were so full. We concluded our meal with fresh coffee and returned to the Inn for a restful nights sleep. I feel I should take a sentence to speak of cost. We were not surprised or upset at the cost of anything on the menu. This is an elegant restaurant with fine dining and service. Given that, the menu items were priced appropriatley. This is not a Denny's folks and it was well worth every penny. We have no doubt that we will return to this treasure and have shared our experience with many friends and family. Day or night, the view is priceless, the service is superior and the food is exquisite. Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed February 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2006

Six of us went for dinner on a Wednesday to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. We ordered soup and an appetizer to start. When the escargot stuffed mushrooms arrived, I was sure I had hit a home run. They were delicious so I anticipated with great satisfaction that the rest of the meal would be just as wonderful. Soon after, however, it proved otherwise.

The seafood and roasted tomato soup were EXTREMELY salty which I don’t think I have ever experienced or at least don’t remember in recent years. Usually the chefs don’t salt enough to my taste. When the main courses arrived, the theme continued and there was just further disappointment. The seafood casserole that my mother-in-law and her friend ordered was extremely salty also.

Three of us had ordered the prime rib, which was the special for the night. When it was served, all three of us had to send our entrees back. What was supposed to be medium and medium rare was definitely and unmistakably very rare. That would not have been bothersome if the steaks were good quality. However, that was not the fact either. The cuts were fatty, tough, chewy, and not very flavorful. It was almost as if the gravy that was slathered on top of the ribs was put there to mask the mediocre cut of beef. When the waitress took away my father-in-law’s plate, it looked like he hadn’t eaten half of his meal there was so much fat that was cut away.

We paid the almost $300 bill and made our way home. It was not until we were home that my husband commented to me about the over spiced veal he had eaten. I had struck out.

I wrote a letter of complaint to the management. It was never answered. We will never go back to this establishment.

Stayed August 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2005

My husband and I were married at the Esperanza Mansion. It was nothing short of MAGNIFICENT --- We knew we wanted our wedding reception at the Esperanza Mansion from the moment we stepped onto the amazing patio which overlooks Keuka Lake - it is brethtakingly beautiful!!! We were then introduced to the wonderfully professional and kind Kathy Marchenese, one of the managers there. She put us totally at ease with her knowledge and keen insight into what we wanted. She was totally in tune with our high expectations... and took care of our every wish. If everyone had someone like her to oversee their wedding plans, there would be less wedding planning jokes! The reception itself was incredible - people are still complimenting on what a wonderful affair it was and what a PERFECT setting the Esperanza Mansion was.... from the grounds to the guest rooms to the food. How the staff managed to deliver 100+ meals hot and fresh is beyond us... the chef made each meal to perfection. My sea bass was the best ever! There is not one thing my husband and I would change about the Esperanza Mansion. They even personally delivered items we had forgotton there - we live 2 hours away!! Make no mistake - go to the Esperanza Mansion - you will not regret it - trust us! We are already making reservations for our first anniversary....

Been to Esperanza Mansion? Share your experiences!