“A lovely Anniversary Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British, English, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Tyldesley, Lancashire
“A lovely Anniversary Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We enjoyed a superb meal at the Lord Binning last night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The restaurant is nicely laid out with an airy and welcoming atmosphere, and the staff are both friendly and efficient. It is the third of the "New Moon Pubs" that we have tried and this lived up to and exceeded our expectations. The food is well presented and is not "over the top" in portion size, so it is achievable to complete the starter, main and dessert without ending up feeling as if one is going to burst. They operate a "BYO" (bring your own) wine on Tuesdays, although we chose not to, as the real ale is excellent. Would we return? Without doubt yes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chester, United Kingdom
“Nice decor but little atmosphere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Lord Binning is nicely done out but at 7.00pm on a Monday evening seemed to have little atmosphere. Being the only two dining at that time the service was very efficient but sadly slowed considerable when three other tables filled up with a 20 minute wait for dessert. The food was quite good and their Market Menu very good value for money but like their other establishments they need more staff, there was only one young waiter, who was very good but he seemed to be having to do every job in the restaurant. I may give them another go sometime in the future but they won’t be my first choice.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Delamere, United Kingdom
“Great food, excellent service and great for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have visited this restaurant many times as it is one of my favourites in the area. The food is always awesome and very reasonably priced. We recently chose it to celebrate my husbands 40th with 30 friends and it worked out perfectly with everyone commenting on the great food which was done at a great price (on a group menu).
I particularly like the Lord Binning for family dining. The proximity of Kelsall park gives the 'if you're good we can go to the park' all-important bribery and they are always happy to do the coffees as a take-out. The tables are nicely spaced and the right music levels etc to make the dining experience relaxing and the staff are always super-friendly.
Would definitely recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northwich, United Kingdom
“food not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

WE went for a meal here last night because we had a voucher we had bought from Travel Zoo along with several other diners.I am glad we had the voucher as I would not have been very pleased to pay the full prices.I ordered the farm assured chicken with a rarebit topping and tomato sauce but it was really bad. The chicken was a cheap chicken breast with no topping and some plum tomato sauce .I questioned why there was no rarebit topping and they said it had been taken off as the chef had not liked the look of it.Why send it out for me to eat then.Needless to say voucher or no we will not be returning.I am not suprised they need to get Travel Zoo involved to aid their customer numbers.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“So so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I visited this pub some time ago when it first opened. The service that day was poor and the food took a long time. I had been meaning to return to give it another go as it's nicely decorated and i had heard some good things from friends and family who live close. I wish i hadn't bothered. It's really not as good as the price suggests it should be. The food was okay and the service was much better on this occasion but it still lacked the atmosphere i would have expected from a 'gastro' pub. Most concerning for me, a real ale fan, was that i tried two different beers and both tasted vinegary and did not clear well.
I don't want to be too harsh, its a nice pub, but i'd rather go elsewhere.

• Visited April 2013