“Lovely hotel, fabulous food, let down by spa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Manor House Country Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Manor House Country Hotel to your Saves list
Manor House Country Hotel
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Killadeas, Killadeas BT94 1NY, Northern Ireland (Formerly Manor House Resort Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Killadeas B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edinburgh
“Lovely hotel, fabulous food, let down by spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We treated ourselves to a couple of days pampering in this lovely hotel. The location on the lake is idyllic, our room was lovely, clean and spacious. We ate in the Baleek restaurant on the first night and the meal was superb quality - I'm not a fan of designer presentation of food as I hate the thought of my food being handled just to make it look pretty on the plate but, in this case, I will make an exception as the quality of the food could not be faulted. The wine was also worth the cost. On the second night we took advantage of the dinner cruise, having a nice meal on the Lady of the Lake cruiser, with the pleasant addition of a live musician/singer. This was a wonderful evening marred only by the fact that we had to take the car to the pick-up point, so that one of us could not drink with dinner, and we had to run through the rain in the car park on our return. We spent the rest of the evening in the Cellar Door Bar, which has a very nice ambience.
The hotel is great but the spa really needs a professional make-over. Although the spa/pool area was nice, it was not exceptional and the spa reception was a bit disorganised and unprofessional. Also, the spa treatments were a bit of a let-down. I particularly did not enjoy having to walk through the main reception area, past the desk, a bar and a lounge to get between my room and the spa in my dressing gown, but I had no choice since the locker area in the spa was really useable - you needed to bring your own padlock if you wanted anything locked away and, when I was there, children were running around opening up all the unlocked lockers!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ManorHouseHotel, Manager at Manor House Country Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear MrsDajaView,
Thank you for your recent review from your stay with us in August. We are delighted to hear that you really enjoyed our fine dining restaurant & I will pass on your comments to our culinary team here in the hotel.
Our Lady of the Lake Dinner Cruises really are the perfect way to experience the true beauty of the Fermanagh Lakelands & thank you for your comments on transport down to the jetty, it is definitely something we can look at.
Thank you for your comments regarding our reception in Leisure, we will look into these matters and I can assure you that you can get a lock for the lockers at reception so you do not need to go back to your room to change. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fermanagh and to the Manor House Country Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
N. Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Just returned home from a magical experience at the Manor House Hotel. I booked this two night mid week break as a surprise birthday treat for my wife and from the onset it was easily the most enjoyable experience for both of us. A stunning hotel in beautiful surroundings and immediate impressions were high. I'll start by mentioning my first initial contact ; Michelle Donnelly at reception /reservations whose exceptional service was second to none; initially via email enquiry and subsequent contact. Professional; sincere; polite and an absolute credit to the Manor House Hotel. I've been in hotels all across the globe and can easily say her aptitude and service is by far the best I've encountered. Smooth check in and shown by the very polite and professional Duty manager John to our room. Simply stunning, modern room, very clean and comfortable. Now I have an extremely critical eye and don't go too easy on my reviews but this was one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in. Very pleased indeed with the room and I have no doubt the aforementioned Michelle took into account my request for a nice room /view when booking. Thank you Michelle. It's not just the rooms and decor nor the food that makes a stay in any hotel enjoyable. It's the little things. Personal touches and service that make you feel valued and welcome. The hotel itself is beautiful, ornate decor with areas of rustic charm. Amazed some reviews even mentioned some trivialities like minor dust or cobwebs in and outside the hotel. It's a great building set in beautiful parkland. Of course there may be a few spiders. These reviewers houses must be impeccable. Doubt it.
Dinner in the Belleek Restaurant was fine dining at its best. Awesome attractive tasty food. Presentation was immaculate. Exceptional. Service second to none by the professionalism if Simon who waited on us. Again its the little touches that make the experience. Left the restaurant both full and amazed. Spa was more than adequate, only thing for me that would have made it perfect would have been some loungers in a relaxation area, a water fountain ( there was one in the Gym) and a little air of ambience about the area. Some essential oils; relaxing music ; greenery; and somewhere to unwind . papers etc. Said that, a really good outdoor hottub. Complimentary toiletries in the male changing area would've been a treat too.
Dinner on the second night was in the Cellar Bar. Good generous rustic food and a superb pint of Guinness . Only thing was it was rather cold in the bar that evening , a pity as there were two great fires blazing that afternoon. But I'm being picky. All the staff we dealt with were both polite and efficient. All in all I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family and have browsed the hotel website for a return stay in December for another special occasion and have no doubt I shall experience the pleasure I had these last two days once again.
Final point. Excellent Beauty salon and in my wife's words " the best full back massage she's ever had" by an exceptional Therapist both polite and professional. Sorry we couldn't remember her name. Along with Michelle, John and Simon, a credit to the Manor House Hotel in Fermanagh. Well done to all. See you soon. Brian and Maureen Elder.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MaureenN_Ireland,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your recent review from your stay with us in October for your wife's surprise birthday treat. We really do appreciate your feedback & I have passed on your word of thanks to Michelle, John and Simon. We pride ourselves on our level of service and we are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy dinner in both our Belleek Restaurant & Cellar Door Bistro. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay in December & we hope your wife will have time to experience another massage.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Reading other reviews I can only conclude that because people have been *told* this is a good hotel that they are bound and determined to *believe* it's a good hotel. Reception was unwelcoming, unhelpful and rude. The manager, when my elderly father was ill after eating dinner in the hotel, although text-book-procedure solicitous, was much more concerned with protecting his salmon's reputation than the fact that one of his guests was sick. The rooms had no air conditioning: sleep was impossible due to the stifling sauna of the bedroom. Windows were not to be opened with lights on because of the influx of flies, but even at night when open it made no difference. Food was good, but being forced to pay for a table d'hôte three course meal when you only wanted one is not great business practice. The hotel kept claiming the restaurant was overbooked, forcing us to dine too early or too late. Yet for the four nights we were there, the restaurant was constantly a mere quarter full. If it weren't for the friendly, fun, and very helpful dining staff in the restaurant, this would have been a 1-star rating. Conclusion: not good enough and simply not up to par for the price.

Room Tip: Try to get one on an upper floor at the end of a corridor. It is slightly less stifling at night the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ManorHouseHotel, General Manager at Manor House Country Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear lizzyshannon,

We have attempted to contact you directly to discuss these matters further and still wish to do so.

We have looked into your comments. We understand that you arrived at the hotel early in the afternoon. We do notify guests that check-in time is advised after 4pm. We always endevour to facilitate early arrivals and on this occasion we were able to do so immediately for your fathers booking, but were unable to accommodate your room at that time. We can assure you that the receptionist did not intend for this to appear to be rude as she had done all she could at that particular time.

I personally dealt with you during your stay in respect to your fathers reported illness. We do take all such reports extremely seriously and it is essential that such is correctly documented and investigated. Nothing untoward was found and no further reports were received. I can assure you that your fathers health was always my primary concern and did indeed offer to get medical assistance or assist with any other requirements he might have. I also inquired after your fathers condition on several occasions thereafter and on the last occasion you advised me that it had quickly and greatly improved.

We do have a range of rooms that have air-conditioning. In regards to restaurant bookings we always advise when making booking to also make dinner reservations well in advance. We ensure that that at any one time the booking levels are in keeping with us striving to always offer excellent service.

If during our discussions you had brought these other matters to my attention, I can assure that I would have sought to address them.

As previously advised, if you wish to discuss these matters further, please feel free to contact me directly.
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hotel looks lovely from outside. Check-in was slow. Room was only superficially clean, and had two faulty bulbs, Ordered tea and sandwiches for lunch in the bar, took around 40 minutes to arrive, poor quality and presentation. Evening meal was little better, service was slow, food average, had to leave the room in search of waiting staff to ask for a steak knife. Similar story when I wanted a bill. Surprisingly one member of staff found the time to remove the cap I had just screwed back on the bottle of wine, telling me it "needed to breathe". Breakfast staff were pleasant and efficient, food was good. Overall I would not recommend this hotel, it needs a bit of a shake-up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DJNTaylor,

Thank you for your review from you stay 6 months ago and for making contact with us by email since you commented. Once we have further details we will investigate further. However in the meantime, rest assured that your comments have been actioned with the information provided in your review. We looking forward to hearing from you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Went to the manor for my sister's wedding on Saturday. Have to commend all the staff the whole day was wonderfully cared for and the food was delicious.

The grounds and public areas of the area have beautifully landscaped decorated and all the staff were a pleasure with special mention to Sinead who looked after the whole day and to Neil and Ross in the residents bar who worked hard to the early hours of the morning.

We stayed in room 210 and the views were stunning and whilst I didn't get a chance to enjoy it as long as I would liked it is a special place to visit for a treat.

• Stayed September 2013
ManorHouseHotel, Manager at Manor House Country Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear markphillips87,
Many thanks for your recent review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your sister's wedding- it was our pleasure to look after you all on such a special day.We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and stayed at the Manor House in July for a wedding. I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. The setting is beautiful, the staff fantastic, the rooms super comfortable and the food delicious. Our very comfortable, spacious and quiet room was on the 4nd floor overlooking a gorgeous fountain. The breakfast was delicious, with a lot of choices. We had dinner in the restaurant and drinks in the bar. Both experiences were wonderful. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful.I hope to come back to this fantastic hotel. Thank you all for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ManorHouseHotel, General Manager at Manor House Country Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
It was pleasing to read your review and that you had such a "wonderful stay." We too hope that you return to the hotel soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding in September. The staff were all very welcoming. The public areas and the bedroom were very clean and well presented. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful. I didn't have breakfast but the food in the evening was very nice indeed. The bar area was very comfortable and relaxing. Definitely worth a visit!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review following your visit to the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future.

Been to Manor House Country Hotel? Share your experiences!