“great week end” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manor House Country Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Manor House Country Hotel to your Saves list
Manor House Country Hotel
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Killadeas, Killadeas BT94 1NY, Northern Ireland (Formerly Manor House Resort Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Killadeas B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“great week end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

we had heard from friends how good it was so we give it a try we have been to lots of hotels all over ireland and the manor is well up the list for good food and drink and all the staff are very friendly and the scenery was lovely we will be back soon

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manor_House_Hotel, General Manager at Manor House Country Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
And we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Well, what can we say? The staff were wonderful as was the food - we had great fun on the complimentary boat trip around the Fermanagh Lakes. We were able to change our rooms to suit our party. The breakfasts were unbelieveable. The food in the Hotel at night was beyond expectation at only £28.50 per person in the fine dining room. The service was also first class. Next day however, in the basement/cellar - the food was not quite up to standard (only one person out of four). But all in all this did not put us off from wanting to visit this lovely Hotel again! The surroundings are sumptuous and very grand. The main bar however could do with a little help - mainly cocktails (they were poor, overpriced) and the staffing was inadequate and inefficient!

Room Tip: Stay in the original part of the hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay overall and have noted your comment in regards to the bar service, which has been addressed.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We had booked a meal on Thursday 1/11/12 and Saturday 3/11/12 in cellar restaurant at 7 pm on both nights both were booked at same time, everything was fine on Thursday we had a lovely meal and enjoyed the food and staff were helpful and efficient, however when we turned up on Saturday for a birthday celebration, we were told that the booking had not been made and that the restaurant was full, the head waiter squeezed us in at a table in the bar area, although the food was same as restaurant it did spoil the celebration a bit, my advice is when you make a booking here, get the name of staff member taking it this sort of thing should not happen not very professional manor house you really need to lift your game

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry that there was confusion over your booking as we had no record of it. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food none the less.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

May I start by saying this is the first negative review I have ever wrote, but feel I should inform people of what to expect before wasting a weekend of their life.
Myself and my wife attended as part of a larger group for a 30th birthday party and this is a step by step review some postive but mostly negative of my trip.

As you arrive the hotel looks fablous all lit up set on the banks of the gorgeous lough erne. As we were a group we opted to stay in the cottages which was our first mistake, poorly decorated, single beds that a child would have trouble fitting in and a mattrees which you wouldnt let your dog sleep on.

As I arrived much earlier than the group I decided to go and have dinner alone in the hotel. I first went into the bar beside the main doors and ordered a pint of tennants tops, only to be told if I wanted a lemonade top I would have to purchase a baby bottle of lemonade to be added to my pint. (i dread to think how many i would have need if I wanted a shandy). Anyhow a paid for my overpiced pint and asked for a menu to be told they only did sandwhiches in this bar. After dragging some information out of the most unhelpful barman in the world i discovered they served pub grub downstarirs in another bar. I went to leave to with my drink to be told that I would have to finish that drink before heading to the next bar. (down one flight of stairs)

I ordered a steak sandwhich and after a wait it arrived some 35mins later with no cutlery and no taste what so ever. ( i put this down to a bad steak)

Next day and after an horrendus night sleep on the bed from hell we played golf on the on site golf course which for the price and the abilty of my golf was fine. All the boys had lunch in the same bar as I had had the previous night and all compalined the steak sandwiches were bland and tasteless, I this time had the fish and chips which was very very good.

That night we got dressed a look forward to the night ahead with the promise of good food and a live band, (we got neither) The birthday dinner was nothing short of horrendus my curry was dynorod orange and once again at no taste what so ever, my wifes pasta and spinach dish look like slops and had no taste, all the steaks (sirloins this time) again tastless, lamb fatty and faijta cold, service throughout was average.

Well we had the band to look forward too!!! NOT, once i recoverd from paying £7.50 for a morgans and fanta and a further £6.50 for a starwberry daiquri which came with no straws and tasted very bitter the band started. As an entertainer myself I do not normally critise other entertainers but I will make an exception for this rude band who I think felt they were doing us a great service by making us endure the pain of listening to them. They would not take requests, unless you wanted to sing yourself, which many people including the restaurant manager did. They took long breaks between songs, started at 11pm and finished at 12.30am and were generally untalented and completely unapproachable.

I know this sounds like I am hard to please, belive me I am not, I have stayed in the manor house before and had a ok time, it has badley went downhill and I for one will not be back.

Kind Regards

G

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
N.Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is set in superb grounds beside Lower Lough Erne with a marina nearby. The beautiful Fermanagh and Donegal countryside is within easy reach. The hotel facilities are very good. In particular, the set dinner is of a high quality at very reasonable prices. The standard rooms are a little small but comfortable. The leisure centre is very good and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The mid-week special deals are particularly good value. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I have just returned from a weekend break in the Manor House. I would highly reccommend this beautiful hotel to anyone wishing to just get away from everyday life. The scenery is magnificent and the hotel is breathtaking. All te staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. A lovely lady named Eilleen who served us breakfast was so pleasant and took the time to chat to us and ask what we were planning todo during our stay. We will return to te hotel soon. Thank you

• Stayed October 2012
Tyrone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just back from a lovely family occasion and have to say that the service was great. I needed battery's for my camera and Ender got me a replacement set right away- John was very pleasant as well. Nothing worse than getting bad coffee at breakfast and I didn't but was reassured by the lady on duty that she would change it for tea if I found it wasn't to my taste. She came back a little later even though it was busy just to check I was satisfied- great service and worthy of praise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Manor House Country Hotel? Share your experiences!