With the Novotel Airport Hotel you do have accept that this is a hotel designed for a captive audience of one night stands, for people flying either in or out of the airport and to that end there is very little emphasis on quality.
The rooms are spacious and clean and with the exception of the table masquerading as a bed relatively comfortable. It has to be said though this must be one the most uncomfortable hotel beds I have recently slept in. (and I travel a lot) There is a reasonable internet connection via cable for your laptop but do not expect wifi in the rooms for your ipad or smart phone. On asking for a pin code at reception I was told it didn't work. Oddly the free wifi in the communal areas was ok. There is tea and coffee and a small kettle available in the room and an iron and ironing board both of which are definite positives.
Prices as you would expect are extremely high, bordering on robbery in fact. This hotel both for the room and food is extremely over priced for what you actually get. Expect to pay double what you would pay for similar hotels in Europe.
Talking of the restaurant, this is not a place you would want to eat by choice. I had a simple meal of soup and a burger and even that was poor. The soup was luke warm, the burger (overpriced at around 18 GBP) was dry the bread bun stale and for what purported to be a mexican restaurant using Jalapeños from a jar is unforgivable. I can’t imagine its that difficult to get hold of fresh chilli’s. The food also took an age to arrive, but on the other hand the restaurant was quite busy. Timings for breakfast are a strong plus, breakfast starts at 5am which is good and some items are available in the lobby from 4am for the really early starters.
The staff in general I would say are polite and professional however not especially friendly. In terms of language English was spoken by enough staff so that language is not a problem but it was certainly not commonly spoken.
I noticed some previous reviews suggesting the shuttle bus service was poor. My experience was the opposite. I didn't exactly time it but I don't believe I waited anymore than 10 minutes for the bus to arrive at the airport.
Final point is smoking. If you are non smoker the non smoking rooms are fine but be prepared smoking still prevails in many communal areas including the corridors. 10 years ago you would not even have noticed it but in the present with many hotels banning smoking except in certain rooms, when you do come across the odd one that still allows it you notice the bad smell from old smoke all the more.....
In summary despite the many negatives the hotel does do the job its there fore, yes its ridiculously over priced and no you shouldn’t expect too much but at the end of the day, its clean, its safe and its close to the airport, so for one night you can live with it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Moscow Sheremetyevo is located at Sheremetyevo International Airport, 30 km from the centre of Moscow. This 4 star hotel with refurbished rooms caters to business travelers with six conference rooms and WiFi internet. Relax at the hotel bar and enjoy international and Russian cuisine at Fusion Grill&Bar. Unwind with our pool, gym and sauna. Free airport shuttle and secure parking. 15 km from the Crocus Expo exhibition centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Novotel Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Moscow Sheremetyevo Hotel Moscow
- Accor Moscow Sheremetyevo
- Moscow Novotel
- Hotel Novotel Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport Moscow Oblast/Khimki, Russia