“Great Food, Friendly Fast Service, Not Cheap.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Food, Friendly Fast Service, Not Cheap.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It's new and it's diferent! I have visited Mak @ D6 a number of times, with my wife, friends, grandsons, and found the food really good - excellent Wonton soup, tasty Spring Rolls (watch out for the killer chilli dip!), really good prawn stir fries (3 different types).
Pro. Fast service, friendly waiters, good food, reasonable-value wines.
Con. Overall, not cheap.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dublin, Ireland
“Great New Find in Ranelagh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Found this by accident for lunch last week and will definitely return for more exploration of the menu. Staff very helpful and nice atmosphere in this casual restaurant just open 7 weeks. Chinese with a Singaporean twist, I would describe it as at very reasonable rates. The flavours of all the dishes we had were very clean and packed full of great tastes. Nothing was too overpowering and the chef certainly knows what (s)he is up to. Two of us shared four starters and one main course - Excellent spicy chicken potstickers, pork dumplings, chilli flavoured crispy calamari (cooked to perfection), and our main course was a really tasty dish of Singapore Udon Noodles with Duck. One really fresh desert with two coffees all washed down with two glasses of white wine (from a good choice) all for the princely sum of around E42. Great value, very good food and will return for a dinner

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing Dim Sum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I love this place! Very friendly and attentive staff, who are more than happy to give reccomendations off the menu if you are new to the world of Dim Sum! The layout is great, bright and the tables are nicely spaced so that you are not sitting on top of the people beside you, perfect for a catch up, one to one or a meal with a group. This is a modern take on traditional Chinese food and far from the usual dark Chinese restaurants you find in Dublin.

The menu has a great selection of Dim Sum and also has traditional Chinese cuisine. I have been here twice now and have ordered off both menus. On my first visit my friend and I shared the Beef Shumai, Spicky Chicken Potstickers, Salt & Pepper Prawns, Tofu Szechuan Style, Pork & Prawn Dumplings and the Udon Noodles with Duck. For dessert we both went with the Banana Spring Rolls, this is a must if you have never had them before! I can honestly say that every bit of it was delicious! The Chicken Potstickers and the Beef Shumai were a personal favourite!

You get between 2 - 6 pieces with every Dim Sum dish, we were worried that we had over ordered when we saw the food coming but by the end of it we both left the restaurant satisfied without feeling full or bloated. It's the perfect kind of food if you are heading out for a few drinks after. It's a decent meal that wont make you feel sluggish! Our bill came to €53.00! €26.50 each and given the size of the portions we got, this is definitely good value for your money! I will definitley be going back to Mak at D6 with friends over Christmas this year.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Asian restaurant I've been to in Dublin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I've been to mak at d6 a few times at this stage and even booked my Christmas party meal there, simply because the food is so good! Firstly, it's far removed from your typical Asian restaurant in Dublin as its got a quirky, trendy feel about it and a fun atmosphere. It's decor has an Asian style with a modern twist which makes it very unique. Along with that the menu is incredibly impressive- offering both a traditional and a dim sum (Asian style tapas) menu. I've tried a lot of different dishes & every time I've been they've been cooked to perfection! I'd highly recommend the Singapore noodle dishes, the beef black bean and in terms of the dim sum, the salt and pepper calamari, the potstickers and the pork and prawn crispy wan tons are delicious! Mak has brought something new to the table in Ranelagh, so if you like your Chinese food, prepare to be VERY impressed with this place.

Dublin
“The best Asian food in Ireland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visited Mak last night having read a review on cheapeats.ie and had the most amazing meal! The decor is quite funky and the tables are well placed apart - it was a welcome relief not to overhear our neighbours conversations for a change. The real star of the show though was the absolutely amazing sublime food! We had four different types of dim sum which were delicious - the calamari and potstickers were a particular highlight. For mains we went all out with the crispy pork belly and the rib eye beef with sides of Singapore noodles and special fried rice. Having had such excellent dim sum to start we didn't think the mains would be as good but we were wrong - they were fabulous! The service was great - we'd a lovely chap serving us who was quick and efficient. The only person who seemed a little lost was the owner/manager who didn't really seem to be playing a leadership role. However that's just a minor comment! We are already planning our next trip!