Misibis Bay Resort has a good balance of having all the creature comforts any discerning person would require while keeping it vernacular through their great hospitality, local staff, good food. Ive noticed that some good resorts lose their identity when aiming for the 5-star service. Good thing this resort didnt.
As I said the beach is nothing to rave about, but its not really about the beach. Its about the different activities that you can do there. I went with my family ( my wife, my kids 7yr old and 3 yr old, and my wife's family) All of us tried the zipline, underground caving, scuba diving, sunset cruise to view Mayon volcano.
Special mention is the ATV ride up the hillside to view the sunrise. (highly recommended) Most of the time its on road driving, but there are enough rough road patches to keep you on your toes. When you reach the top, the guide will serve you coffee and cookies while appreciating the spectacular view.(warning: call time is 5am)
To top it all off, I love the food...good thing because there are no nearby restaurants outside the resort.
To sum it up, if you just want to lounge and be a beach bum this is a nice beach.. but there are a lot of beaches in the Philippines that can serve the same purpose (and much cheaper). But if you are looking for adventure this is where the resort really shines. My suggestion is to try the different activities the resort offers, because for me, this is what Misibis Bay resort is all about.
- Also Known As:
- Misibis Bay Hotel
- Misibis Bay Hotel Cagraray Island
- Misibis Bay Resort Philippines/Cagraray Island, Bicol
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a tropical hideaway where luxurious seclusion meets wild natural beauty. This verdant, beach-fringed island offers sophisticated pleasures on land and water – from a relaxing foot wash, welcome upon arrival in your villa, to splashing, sailing or diving in the jewel-like sea and in the pristine lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Misibis Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.