“As close to airport as you can get, but pricey and a bit loud” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Vilobi

You added Hotel Vilobi to your Saves list
Hotel Vilobi
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ctra Aeorport S/N, Vilobi d'Onyar | AP-7, Sortida # 8, 17185 Vilobi d'Onyar, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vilobi d'Onyar
Heidelberg, Germany
“As close to airport as you can get, but pricey and a bit loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I paid 70 euro out the door for a one person stay. It is located right next to a Hertz drop off point, which made it easy to get rid of the rental car. The bed was comfy, but the hallway had no carpeting and the doors are loud when closing, resulting in me hearing noise from other guests.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Getting a late flight into Gerona seemed like a pain, having to sort out car etc then getting on the road to our hotel where we would arrive when everyone had gone to bed so decided to stay at the Vilobi, after grabbing our suitcases loaded them onto a trolley and walked to the hotel ... 10 minutes maximum, got the key up to the room ... easy ... air con, loads of toiletries (so we didn't have to unpack everything) eggs and bacon for breakfast and really cheap.

Next morning, casually walked over to the airport to pick up the car (without the normal 'scrum') ... what can I say ... it really made the first day of our hols more relaxed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel recently and I found my stay very enjoyable.

The rooms are spacious and clean, and the staff are extremely helpful from as soon you arrive to the moment you leave.

The lady at reception (I assume she is the owner and did not get her name unfortunatley) works tirelessly as she seemed to be there at all hours of the day. For someone who works so hard her enthusiasm for helping me was not undiminished even slightly.

I had a taxi arranged to pick me up at the airport to down into Barcelona city centre, however the taxi firm did not show up leaving me in a predicament as I had a meeting to get to that I am unable to stress in mere words how imperative it was for me to attend.

The lady I have mentioned rang the taxi firm for me on my behalf (as I don’t speak Spanish) and argued my case for me. Seeing that the taxi firm where completely incompetent and with the time of the meeting fast approaching, this same wonderful lady arranged alternative transport for me thus saving my career (literally). I should also mention that the rest of the staff where all very friendly as well from the reception through to the bar.

In short friendly staff who cannot do enough for you, if you are looking for good value, friendly staff and a very clean hygienic place to put your head down then I recommend this place wholeheartedly.

I firmly believe that great customer service is not what somebody says but it is what they do to help you and they were fantastic.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

LIKES

If you are arriving late at night at Girona airport with RYANAIR and wonna see the city of Girona in the morning this is the best place to be. It's very basic but it's nice and clean. The stuff was very helpful and smiley. It's a seven minute walk from the airport and the bus stop that takes you to Girona is right outside from the hotel. You can even check out in the morning and leave your bags in a small room until you come back from the city. If you wonna travel to Barcelona you have to walk back to the airport. Try not to travel with picky people or friends because they will make fun of your choice. (Especially for the huge SELF SERVICE sign on top of the hotel). My friends on the other hand had fun there.

DISLIKES

If you are arriving late or if you are hungry after a long flight even consider to take food with you. The vending machines have only junk food (crisps, chocolates, soft drinks etc).
Ask for the TV remote control before you go up to the room.
I am kinda allergic to dust and i found the mattress a bit dusty. Other than that the room was well sanitized and clean.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
St. Paul's Bay, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Stayed at this hotel because we were flying quite early in the morning. It had what we needed: a hotel 2 minutes walk from the airport and a nice clean comfortable room. The staff at the reception and at the self service restaurant were all very friendly. We also visited girona after we checked in which is quite a nice city.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Arrived after midnight on Saturday morning. Very polite gentleman on reception dealt with me quickly and efficiently. Room was small (single room only) and overlooked car park but very clean and quiet - bed was comfortable, had large flat screen TV but no remote, with Spanish only channels. Restaurant and bar were closed unfortunately but there are vending machines just outside reception for water, soft drinks, beer and nibbles. I booked via Octopus Travel and paid £42 for the night, which considering breakfast was included I thought was excellent value.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
sunderland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

This is just the hotel you need for a one night stop while travelling .Spotlessly clean with comfortable beds and a great shower. Food was fine and tarif very reasonable. You can walk to and from airport lliterally over the road.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Vilobi? Share your experiences!