We were welcomed with a glass of prosecco during check in which was greatly appreciated after a 3 hour drive! Friendly and helpful staff. We went to our room which we were not keen on as it had a double bed and a single bed, I thought we had booked a king room as it was stated on my confirmation e-mail. This was quickly rectified and we were given another room, but a bit disappointed that it was 2 single beds pushed together ;(. The bar was nice, very bright and airy and the bar staff (Ciaran) in particular was very nice. The spa was a bit of a let down TBH, very disappointing. There is a jacuzzi which had bits floating in it, didn't look very inviting. A pool or gym but be great. It was very calming and peaceful though. The dinner was great. It doesn't seem to be widely advertised in the hotel but it is on the website that they have a special offer during January and February for 2 people having a 3 course dinner, tea and coffee with a bottle of wine for 49 Euro! We were both stuffed after this, fantasic value and huge portions. Again breakfast was very nice, buffet style for cereal, toasts, pastries etc, then waiter service for hot food. Be patient with the wi-fi, it takes a long time to connect and isn't in all areas of the hotel. The hubby played a round of golf and thouroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, its about a 15 minute drive into Sligo. Beware if you are using a sat nav, it sends you the opposite direction of the hotel!! It directs to towards a big lake and it looks like the hotel should be facing it but its just trees!! Head towards Ballygawley!! We spoke to a few people who this had happened to, strange... All in all, its a lovely hotel with really nice staff, just need to put more in the spa!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Dargan Hotel offers unsurpassed accommodation facilities ranging from stunning en-suite guest rooms and Wall Garden Suites to the magnificent Castle Dargan House Premier Suites all of which present an old world charm with modern day comforts. Our signature beds; The Vogue & Elegance mattresses with feather down duvets & pillows are featured in every bedroom, ensuring a peaceful night's slumber. We also include: direct-dial phones, complementary broadband access, digital TV, tea/coffee making facilities, smoking & non smoking wings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Castle Dargan Golf Hotel & Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Dargan Golf Hotel And Wellness Centre
- Castle Dargan Hotel Wellness Centre
- Castle Dargan Ballygawley